This is going to be my last recipe post for a while, given I am about to have a baby and will have little time to cook new recipes. This series will come back, but I am thinking it will be every other week or monthly (instead of weekly). Thanks for understanding!
My college roommate used to cook this for us weekly and I love it. Again, simple and healthy!
Ingredients
1/2 box uncooked penne pasta
1 zucchini
handful of grape tomatoes (about 15)
1 package dry Parma Rosa sauce
low fat milk and butter for the sauce
optional: 2 chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic
salt and pepper
mozzarella cheese
Pre-heat your oven to 325. Cook your pasta according to the directions
and drain once it's done. While that is cooking slice up your tomatoes
and zucchini (julienne style for the zucchini and in fourths for the
tomatoes - remove as many seeds as possible). Also, chop up your garlic
into tiny, fine pieces.
If you choose to use chicken in the recipe, rub with some olive oil, then season with salt, pepper and dried basil and either pan sear or grill. Slice cooked chicken in long thin strips and set aside.
Cook Parma Rosa sauce according to package directions - you can also make it from scratch using this recipe, but I am ok with the dry packet kind.
Grab a big baking dish, and toss in the cooked pasta, veggies, garlic and chicken..
Add in the sauce and toss until it's all covered, then top with a handful of mozzarella cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
Serve with a big salad or some garlic bread.
Serves 4. Enjoy!
I'm putting this on the list for one of next week's meals! It looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThis looks awesome. I will sub something else for the zucchini since I am not able to eat it (food sensitivity). Can't wait to see pics of your little girl.
ReplyDeleteGreat recipe. Didn't see an update as to whether you're dilated or being induced. Keep us posted. Good luck!
ReplyDelete