Week One

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy 1 Week Birthday Brighton!


In your first week of life you
Slept 16-18 hours a day
Had about 50 diapers changed
Nursed for almost 23 hrs 
Had your first pediatrician appointment
Took your first sponge bath 
Smiled your first non-gas induced smile 
Let out one tiny giggle for your maternal grandmother Go-Go 
Attended your first pool party and wore a tiny newborn bathing suit (sorry no swimming for you yet!)
Were loved on by your grandparents, aunts and uncles and all of our friends - you were held constantly and you loved every second of it!
 
Her first real smile and I feel so lucky to have caught it!!
Pool party - of course she didn't get in the pool, but was held in the shade by all our friends

Happy 1 Week sweet girl. Your mama and daddy love you so very much!


FYI: We are watermarking all of the photos of our daughter for safekeeping. "Love, Matt and Kara" is the future/new name of the blog, so more to come on that change soon!

18 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness she is so beautiful and precious! Love that one of her smiling! I am so happy for you guys!!

    p.s Love the new blog name, cant wait to see the rest of your changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable! Congratulations!!!

    We call my mom Go-Go too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is darling!! Congrats to you guys. I hope all is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. Love the blog name change too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so darling. I can't wait to read your birth story (shows up on my blog list but isn't on your blog...?) Weird. Congrats again though I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It posted too early - it'll be there tomorrow :)

      Delete
  6. oh i remember that one week birthday so well! it really was a big deal to me--thinking back to what i was doing on that day the week before, and everything that had changed in such a short time...i got very emotional about it all, especially the first time around. she's beautiful and i'm glad to hear that you have so much support and are getting out into the world, time with other new moms is essential to the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right - the change is so sudden and wonderful and terrifying. I have cried daily (tears of joy) over her but am sad she is already a week old!!

      Delete
  7. That smile is amazing!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, she is just lovely! That little smile is so infectious - you're so lucky to have had the camera ready right at that moment. Congratulation, you made a good one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So precious! And I love your tattoo-have been thinking about getting that one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is truly a beautiful little lady. And that smile! Oh my!!!! Hope y'all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's so pretty! The new name of the blog is really nice, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. how precious! She is so adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love her... and that tiny swimsuit. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a confession. I've been following your blog but have never posted! :) I came across your blog a while back because I was looking for adoption info online. I follow only a few blogs of people I don't know in person - and yours is my favourite. By far. And yes, that is how you spell favourite in Canada :P I felt like I could have cried when I read the birth announcement knowing she made it into the world safe! Gosh. Feel odd sharing that since I don't know you but it's true. So happy for you guys. And the photo of her smiling MELTS my heart! and I'm not even a baby person! :) I have really enjoyed following your journey and seeing your story unfold. All the best - and I think there may be opportunities down the road for you to become a professional mommy blogger :)

    Rachel from Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - wow I am honored that you think this blog is useful to you! We still plan to adopt in the future so there will be more about that in years to come. Thank you for your kind words about our story, daughter and the blog. I don't have any intention of becoming a professional blogger (sponsorships and giveaways are so much work!) but I love all the amazing people I have connected with through this medium.

      God Bless You!
      Kara

      Delete
  15. your baby is incredibly beautiful and looks like both of you! what a pure pure joy, huh? i know exactly what you mean about time flying by...my lucinda is almost six weeks old. WHAT??!! i know you will enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground