![]() |
| At the pumpkin patch this weekend. Brighton was unimpressed with the tractor. |
Loving: I love being a mom to Brighton more and more each day. She is a little ham - giggling and cooing at us at every chance - and it is so fun to watch her personality start to develop. She has been sleeping really well at night, still eats like a champ and has brought so much joy to my life. I also love being at home with her and living life as a housewife and mom, even if it's just for a season. I always wondered why stay at home mom's said they couldn't get much done with a newborn and now I know what they meant - the laundry and dishes pile up quickly and it's easy to set it aside when your baby is warm and cuddling in your arms! I pick the kid over the chores every time :)
Reading: I finished "Divergent" two weekends ago (so good!) and read "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" this past week. I highly recommend both books - one is a young-adult novel set in a dystopian society; the other is a drama set post WWII in England. I am about to start "The Night Circus" soon.
Watching: I am still addicted to Sons of Anarchy, Modern Family and NBC Thursday night (although I have to admit that 30 Rock isn't funny anymore to me). I try to avoid watching much else, save HGTV which is always on in the background during the day for noise, but everyone keeps talking about how good the show "Parenthood" is, I am tempted to watch it. Oh and "Homeland". I just can't watch that much TV!!
Listening to: Philip Phillips' song "Home", Mumford & Sons new album "Babel" and anything by the Civil Wars.
Thinking about: Matt and I have had some serious heart to hearts about our daughter, our finances and the possibility of me staying home with her for another 3 months (FMLA allows 26 weeks of leave) or permanently. Based on the amazing benefits of my company and our finances (and financial goals like buying a bigger home in a few years), I can't quit my job and stay home permanently just yet; however I am most likely going to take the additional 3 months and go back to work in February! I'll finalize all of this with my boss this week. I'm so excited that we will be able to do this - money will be tight as the 3 months will be unpaid leave, but we can make it work!
Looking forward to: Although I am not a huge fan of fall, I am looking forward to the activities that fall brings - apple picking, pumpkin patches, yummy comfort foods and bonfires. Plus the holidays are around the corner!!
Making me happy: My little family of three, my wonderful friends and my parents and in-laws. Life is good!
Thanks to Danielle for the inspiration for these posts.

Yes to Parenthood...Best show on TV hands down! It really pulls you in and I admit I cry at every episode....it's a good one!
ReplyDeleteParenthood is a must, it's our favorite! And Mumford and Sons and the Civil Wars have been on a constant rotation in our house. Enjoy your time home with baby B, such precious moments!!
ReplyDeleteParenthood is an amazing show, no joke. I want to read that potato book! That sounds good!
ReplyDeleteI'll be another one to recommend Parenthood - it's a really nice, feel good show. Every time I watch it, it makes me want to have a big family :) Enjoy your extra months at home with bubba, it's hard work being on a tight budget but definitely worth it :)
ReplyDeleteYou will never regret taking those extra months.
ReplyDeleteThe Night Circus is soon good! My bro is friends with the author.
ReplyDeleteNo way!!!
Delete