I know it's not even Halloween or Thanksgiving, but I am already dreaming about Christmas decorations!
We have always decorated traditionally with the colors of red, white and silver in the house, with minimal decorations outside (a wreath for the door, and some fake garland for the porch); but this year we plan to do silver, white and a few shades of blue in a little more modern fashion. I already ordered these ornaments for our tree and am on the hunt for some new stockings, a tree skirt and some additional decorations for the fireplace mantle. I've been hunting Etsy and Pinterest for ideas.
I love these personalized stockings! But I would do different patterns/colors from this Etsy Shop
![]() |
| Via |
This ruffled tree skirt is beautiful, but I'd like it in a different set of colors. (I wonder if this is easy to make? Probably not since I'm not crafty.)
![]() |
| Via |
I saw a tutorial on how to make a paper wreath - I'd love to do one like this with pages from a book and jingle bells.
![]() |
| Via |
I also want to dress up our dining room table - something like this but instead of wreaths behind the chairs, I'd like to do big fabric bows.
![]() |
| Via |
This is a beautiful way to make garland with lights - I might do this for the outdoor decorations or our mantle.
![]() |
| Via |
I know I'm crazy to already be thinking of Christmas. I even created a new board on Pinterest for all these pretty things! Maybe I should go carve our pumpkins for Halloween first? ;)
Happy Tuesday!





hi Kara,
ReplyDeleteTo tel you the truth, I have been preparing Christmas for a long time now. For Christmas, our home will be decorated by home-made stuff so I had to do some research on the net to find inspiration. And I did!
Enjoy Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas which will be even more special since Baby B. has finaly arrived,
Laurence
I've been ready for Christmas since it ended last year; I just love it! We just went o buy our pumpkins and got them, but also finished buying presents for our little nieces and nephews for Christmas. I like to get shopping and decorating out of the way so I can enjoy the season with family and friends. You must be thrilled for Brighton's first holiday season!
ReplyDeleteYou have some nice ideas there! The ruffled tree skirt is easy, even for someone who's not crafty. You just need some thread and a needle and sew big stitches along the top of each piece, then gather it together at the end to however small you want it. Doesn't matter if it's messy, cos then you just sew all the pieces together on a machine and it covers up anything that's not neat. You can hem the visible part of each piece, or just cut it with pinking shears to stop it from fraying. Sorry if that doesn't make sense (there is probably a tutorial out there somewhere), but it's definitely do-able!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for Christmas I can hardly stand it!! Oh Kara, this Christmas with your new baby girl will be amazing, I am so excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteI saw a tree skirt very similar to that at Home Goods last year. I think it was in shades of red, though.
ReplyDeleteI went out today and there was Christmas stuff everywhere! Even trees up at Target. Yeppp It's almost time!!!!
ReplyDeleteMadison
www.damarioadventures.blogspot.com