Arkansas

Monday, November 26, 2012

This post is a bit late, but here are some photos from my trip to Arkansas a few weeks ago.

My darling, precious, wonderful best friend Crystal, who I have known since we were 19, and her amazing family live in Fayetteville. Crystal's husband is getting his PhD at the university and she works there as well. We spent the long weekend exploring northwest Arkansas, which is incredibly beautiful! We went to a local art museum, toured the university, the city and some local state parks.
This is the lovely Crystal. She's my sister from another mother.
And this is her husband Garrett, who is like a brother to me.
And these cuties are their daughters, Leland June and Greenlee. I cried taking this picture - all my sweet girls together at last!
At Crystal Bridges Museum. If you are ever in the area, you have to go. It's beautiful!
More museum photos - Brighton loved it.
Greenlee and her "cousin" - they are so sweet.
3 little monkeys in the bed
Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park
Garrett told me this was a fruit tree hybrid - you can't eat them but people use them as fall decorations.




At the downtown Christmas lights - it was so cold but the kids loved it!
 We had such a great time! I already miss them, but we are getting together after Christmas when they visit family in NC.

P.S. Thanks for all those who offered travel advice!! Brighton traveled very well (save a poop blowout on the way there in a disposable diaper - Pampers gape in the back too much). I took the stroller and car seat combo to the gate so I could have free hands and it worked really well. People were super nice and kept offering to help me with things like my bag or setting the stroller back up once we landed. Overall, it was a very easy trip with a baby!

3 comments:

  1. adorbale pics of all the girls!

    Those green things are called Osage Oranges. We gather them in the fall and I spray paint them gold and roll half of them in gold glitter and put them in a big bowl. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed Arkansas! It looks like you had a wonderful time! Next time you'll have to come to Little Rock!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground