![]() |
| Mom and Dad duties - I try to use the Ergo at least once daily and Matt reads to her every night. |
Reading: I finished "Insurgent" in about 2 days last week (I couldn't lay it down) and am now back onto "The Night Circus". I'd like to read "Breaking Dawn" again before I go see the movie (yep, I like Twilight!), but I need some more book recommendations.
Watching: My guilty pleasure right now is any of the Real Housewives series on Bravo. Those ladies are bananas!
Listening to: Fun's new album "Some Nights". They were on SNL this past weekend and they are incredible live!
Thinking about: Although I get an additional 12 weeks off, I am still dreading going back to work. I might feel different in a few months, but I can't help but worry about it. I need to stay positive and remember how incredibly lucky I am to be employed and with a company that supports me. I really do love my job, but I also know that this season of Brighton's life will soon be over and I don't want to miss any of it.
Also, I thinking about and praying for the victims of Hurricane Sandy - I'm amazed at how people come together in times of crisis (side bar: please donate to the Red Cross! Every penny helps!)
Looking forward to: Next week I am headed to Arkansas to see my best friend from college and her family. They moved there a few years ago while her husband is getting his PhD and I cannot wait to see their new home, the campus (Go Razorbacks!) and spend a few days with them. I am bringing Brighton and flying with her will be an adventure.
Making me happy: Life is sweet and I'm trying to appreciate all that I have, even the little things like a good cup of coffee, a homemade meal, a snuggle from my baby and the roof over my head.
Do you have a Currently post? If so, link to it in the comments - I'd love to read it!
Thanks to Danielle for the inspiration for these posts.

"The Red Tent" was a good read! It's loosely based on Leah & Rachel from the Bible. I Read it while I pumped :) Took me 3 days.
ReplyDeleteGood suggestion! Sadly I read it 3 years ago. Loved that book!
DeleteI joined you in your Currently post :-)
ReplyDeletehttp://grandeurgrace.blogspot.com/2012/11/currently.html
I second "The Red Tent", one of my favorites. My girlfriends and I were just talking and finalizing our plans for "Breaking Dawn" premiere night!!! So excited for all the nerdiness! And RH of Beverly Hills starts tonight!
ReplyDeleteI love that you love Twilight and RH too!
DeleteLove this blog idea! :) Had to post it too!
ReplyDeleteRoomm by Emma Donoghue- brilliant book, but not sure what you like so read the write up first.
ReplyDeleteNever Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro. i haven't seen the film yet and am half way through the book.
they not recent but The Bean Trees, Pigs in Heaven - Barbara Kingsolver
I normally don't like fantasy but loved The Hunger Games.
someone was just telling me about "the night circus" ! now i am intrigued!
ReplyDeleteHehe love that picture, and your hair looks so pretty! Here is my currently post: http://beforeverlovely.blogspot.com/2012/11/currently.html
ReplyDelete