Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Laura, her son Hudson, me and my sister in law Faith at Thanksgiving 2009
 I'll admit that I am SO over the traditional green bean casserole, gelled cranberry sauce and plain mashed potatoes as side dishes for Thanksgiving! I've been searching for some healthy (and different) side dishes and found a few I'd like to try...

Instead of green bean casserole: Real Simple's Sesame Green Beans or Mayo Clinic's Green Beans with Red Pepper & Garlic

Instead of gelled cranberry sauce: Martha Stewart's Cranberry Chutney or The Pioneer Woman's Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce

Instead of mashed potatoes: Rachael Ray's Smashed Sweet Potatoes or Food Network's Cauliflower Garlic Mash

I wonder if my family would be willing to try any of these... ;)

Any fun dishes you are making for the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. MmMmm I've been wanting to try Cauliflower Garlic Mash! Please post if you end up trying any of these:):)

    Madison

    http://www.unpredictabliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are the recipes I'm making on Thursday -- I bought a "farmers market basket" that includes everything I need to make the included recipes (which are by famous bay area chefs). And it's almost entirely vegan (other than the local honey):

    http://www.cuesa.org/recipe/lightly-pickled-fall-root-vegetables

    http://www.cuesa.org/recipe/roasted-brussels-sprouts-honey-rosemary-and-hazelnuts

    http://www.cuesa.org/recipe/rainbow-chard-squash-seeds

    http://www.cuesa.org/recipe/baked-pumpkin-squash-zucca-al-forno

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground