I have always wanted to do a "day in the life" post, but until I was staying home with Brighton, it would've been pictures of me in my cube at work (boring!) and Matt and I eating dinner!
I've seen these on other blogs and the realistic ones are so interesting - it's a treat to see that other people have dirty kitchen floors, wear their yoga pants most of the day and do boring stuff like open mail or laundry just like me! (Sidebar: who the heckfire has time to do some massive Pinterest inspired craft with their 6 month old? Or have a perfect looking house and curled hair? I think those bloggers are lying!)
I've seen these on other blogs and the realistic ones are so interesting - it's a treat to see that other people have dirty kitchen floors, wear their yoga pants most of the day and do boring stuff like open mail or laundry just like me! (Sidebar: who the heckfire has time to do some massive Pinterest inspired craft with their 6 month old? Or have a perfect looking house and curled hair? I think those bloggers are lying!)
















love it!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend :)
I love these real-life glimpses, too! Thanks for sharing yours! Do you like those Via things? I've been resistant to trying, but they sure look tempting...
ReplyDeleteErika I am obsessed with them! They taste just as good as regular drip coffee - I always feel like I waste when I make a half pot of coffee so with these I am getting my money's worth!
DeleteHow expensive are they?? Keurig might be the way to go for you!! Maybe a bday pres?? :) The folgers cups are actually my fav and at Walmart they're $10 for a box of 18! You could get one of the lower end machines at less than $100 I believe and a 20% off coupon at bed bath and beyond always helps too!!
DeleteI think it's $6 for 8 of them. I have thought about a Keurig but the plastic in it and the Kcups isn't BPA free... as an "infertile" I've been advised to stay away from food or drink heated up in plastic!
DeleteOh wow. Didn't even think of that. Great! Bet I will be tomorrow morning!! :) Jk thanks for the info, eesh.
DeleteLove this! I work in an office, so mine would be similarly boring, but I'd love to do one of these when I have something worth showing! Lol
ReplyDeleteLove this Kara! Boy, your day starts early with your little one!!!! :) Your mom looks great and I know she is so happy!
ReplyDeleteIt does start early! But she goes back to sleep after she eats and typically naps until 9am. So most days I go back to bed and take a nap too :)
DeleteThanks for sharing those pictures.Stay-at-home mothers are busy bees!
ReplyDeletehappy Brighton and happy family.
aww...this makes me happy. I wish we could hang out with our babies together in our sweatpants! ;)
ReplyDeleteMe too! I miss you! How is Jax?
DeleteI really hope that means you didn't do your hair til 1pm, because I NEVER get mine done before then unless I absolutely have to be somewhere haha!
ReplyDeleteLiv that is correct! I either shower during her afternoon nap or at night. And I only get a chance to do my hair every few days!
DeleteLove this...but I was thinking I thought you had a dog? your floors look too clean for having a dog :)
ReplyDeleteI do have a dog! The floors hide a multitude of sins since they're stained dark. And I sweep every other day :(
Deletewow...I never thought I was so nosy...but I enjoyed having a look at your life and your house ;)
ReplyDeleteI love how Matt takes over
I really like your TV furniture
And YOU ARE SO ORGANIZED with your recipes! I scribble them on paper then just throw them away...(or they get lost) most times I just put together one out of the around 10-15 fixed meals I know by heart :)
Brighton is..so happy :)
I love how Matt takes over too! It's his only quality time with her before she goes to bed and I'm glad he does it.
DeleteAlso that cookbook/binder was a gift from my aunt and I add to it as I go.
PS Tv furniture is from ikea ;)
Night Circus is SO good I just read it.
ReplyDeleteI've been wondering what "mom life" looks like for other first time moms. So happy you posted this! It's encouraging to see that at some point there will be a slight schedule to my life again! (I have a 2 week old)
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I would love seeing more of these! :) What a happy little one you have! Blessings!
The schedule started when she was about 2 months old and the naps were predictable. But I loved those early days! Especially when she would fall asleep on my chest!
Delete