I have been thinking about opening up the blog to sponsorships and advertising, but wanted some opinions from my amazing readers first.
If you have about 5 minutes, please fill out THIS SURVEY for Love, Matt and Kara. Your answers are anonymous and will be a huge help in our decision.
Thank you!!!
*Update as of 8pm EST. The survey is now closed. Thank you SO MUCH for your opinions and responses! I will share a little of the data next week and let you know our decision.
*Update as of 8pm EST. The survey is now closed. Thank you SO MUCH for your opinions and responses! I will share a little of the data next week and let you know our decision.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy apologies - I removed my comment because it sounded a bit off. I don't want to sound like a brat. I love your blog. Keep doing what you do! Adverts and giveaways will not deter me from reading; they neither deter me from reading or entice me. Good blogs are good blogs regardless and you have a great blog :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't even see it! No worries at all. Please always feel free to share your opinion, esp since I asked for it. :)
DeleteOkay I'll post it again :)
DeleteI'm a relatively new reader of your blog (came around the last few weeks of your pregnancy) and just adore it. The one question I have is have you thought about having a post from your husband on a topic of his choosing maybe monthly or so? I'm not sure if he used to blog here or not, but as a reader I don't have much of a sense of him although your blog is in both your names. Again, love what you do! I just think it would be cool to get more of a guys thoughts on things too! I wish I could get my husband to blog - he would rather read em. :)
I have thought about it but he's been a little resistant. I will keep encouraging him because I think his perspective would be really great reading. Thank you so much for your idea abs opinion!!
DeleteDon't do it! I can't help but feel used when bloggers try to squeeze any possible cent out of a growing readership. You're a talented writer and I enjoy your blog, but posts about advertisers, obnoxious giveaways, or false product reviews (especially of ridiculously expensive free stuff) are the WORST.
ReplyDeleteI've read your words (and identical words on other blogs) about how "blogging is a creative outlet" or "blogging is something I do for me." If those words are true, why can't more bloggers just do it because they enjoy it, and not try to profit personally from it? It absolutely makes a blog lose integrity.
If you were blogging for a company, for a cause, or providing some sort of political/social commentary - I could understand the need for advertising. This is a personal blog pretty much for recapping what you did last weekend. I just don't see the need other than personal gain. Don't get me wrong - you are talented, and every now and again you will write something that is very moving. However, I refuse to support these blogs that succumb to greedy desires.
I would probably lose patience on the first product review and try to find other, lesser known blogs that are equally as beautiful (luckily, there are a bunch!).
You're right - this blog is like a scrapbook or diary that chronicles our life. I think most mommy blogs are in the same category. I appreciate your perspective - a lot of people who took the survey had similar comments.
DeleteAnd thank you for reading! I'm honored that you think I'm a good writer. I need to write more meaty stuff on here and plan to soon.
Take care!!
I would love your blog anyway
ReplyDeleteYou are always so kind Leire! Thank you. :)
DeleteHmm wow. Harsh. Anyway, it's really not a big deal if you choose to advertise or not. As a stay at home mom I completely understand how a little bit of income here and there is a blessing! If people want to pay you why not? Let people who feel strongly about it come to terms with it - if they really love your blog it won't change a thing! You can be completely selective with which types of sponsors you accept, etc. I bet a lot of them will be other moms looking for a little help too!
ReplyDeleteAli thank you for loving my blog. You've been such a supportive and encouraging reader for a long time! I appreciate your perspective. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!
Delete:) I don't always comment with a wild 17 month old girl running circles around me but I read daily and like the heck out of your blog. You're a great mama and writer!
DeleteFor some reason I usually stop reading blogs that advertise or do products review and what not, not sure why. But then again, if someones really likes your blog, they will stick with you no matter what. Either way, good luck!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteI didn't vote but I like enjoy your blog the way it is now!
ReplyDeleteAs long as it doesn't over take your blog- go for it!! Is my opinion!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the above. As long as your readers are not bombarded with advertisements and feel used. I completely get wanting to get your name out there and sponsorship can be great for your wallet as well.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't able to get a vote in...but I wanted to comment anyway :) I would absolutely still read regardless. Advertising could grow your blog and allow other readers who have struggled with infertility to find you. That's my thoughts!
ReplyDelete