So Brighton threw herself (and us) a little puke party early this morning.
She normally wakes between 6 - 7 a.m. but I heard her cry out around 5:40 a.m. Normally if it's just a fuss, I know she is just transitioning between sleep cycles and will go back to sleep for another 30 minutes or so. But this cry was different - she sounded scared and angry.
I went into her dark room to pick her up and felt that her shoulders and arms were soaking wet. I turned on the light and she had vomited all over herself and crib - a disgusting mix of sweet potatoes and breastmilk. Her poor little face, neck and hands were covered in it, and there were chunks of sweet potato all around her head. It was even in her eyes and ears! It scared the ever living s--- out of me!
I called for Matt and we rushed around to get her wet pajamas off, the puke off her face and into a quick bath. She cried almost the entire time Matt bathed her and I quickly changed her sheets and threw all of it into the wash.
20 minutes later she was nursing and almost asleep in my arms. I rocked her and held her for a few extra minutes before laying her back down to sleep.
It's almost lunchtime and thankfully she seems perfectly fine now. She has nursed two more times today with no signs of throwing up on the horizon, she doesn't have a fever and is playing with her toys happily.
![]() |
| This morning's staring contest |
We think she might have overeaten at dinner last night - but we are keeping a close eye on her today.
Parenthood is not for the weak of heart!

Poor poor baby! mine is sick right now too. She hasn't puked yet knock on wood. But you just feel so helpless! Get well soon Brighton!
ReplyDeletemine did the same except the food had been digested by then and all that kept coming up was fluids, but he did it 3x and i still have no idea why. i think it was all undigested breastmilk and he was just so full from eating so many carrots but it was so strange and scary! i just held him standing up leaning forward and he kept going throughout the night. our journey with solids so far has been "adventurous". not to mention my fear of him choking on his food! : (
ReplyDeleteUgh mine used to do that! No sign of sickness, just a MOTN vomit sesh then back to normal! We thought it was over eating too!
ReplyDeletePoor baby Brighton.
ReplyDeleteHope she will remain fine today.
Such a cute pretty girl
Positive thoughts from France.
Parenthood isn't for the weak of stomach either...
ReplyDeleteOh no, poor Brighton! I hope she's feeling better soon and hasn't had any other issues! :( Ethan's first puke-fest came when he had RSV at 4 1/2 months old and it was so terrifying. :(
ReplyDeletePoor girl! Glad she doesn't have a fever or anything!
ReplyDelete