This is a spin off of the Ruby Tuesday's White Bean Chicken Chili, but slightly modified (I omit the tomatoes for Matt's sake).
1 cup frozen white corn
2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 cans great northern beans drained and rinsed
1 small sweet onion chopped
1 4oz can of green chiles chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup sour cream
1 packet of White Bean Chili Seasoning Mix (or 1/4 tsp of each of the following: corn starch, chili pepper, cumin, red pepper, flour, salt, garlic and pepper)
2 chicken breasts cut into cubes (not pictured)
Cilantro, shredded cheddar and avocado for garnish
Toss into a Dutch Oven (large pot) and cook for 1 hour on medium heat, stirring often. (You can also put in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours).
Serve with a handful of cilantro, shredded cheddar and some avocado on top. (I only had dried cilantro, but that worked fine too!)
Serves 4-6! Enjoy.
Alternatives: 2 fresh jalepnos chopped and seeds removed gives a great spicy flavor.
A dash of lime juice adds some freshness to the dish.
Sounds so good! I wish you had a button so we could pin this recipe!
ReplyDeleteI think Pinterest has an option to add the "Pin It" button to your toolbar on your computer. That's how I pin items (unless I'm on my iPhone).
DeleteI need to figure out how to get one of those buttons!!
I love those flavor packets specifically for this recipe. I make a version of this that's literally just the recipe on the back of the packet: chicken, add beans, at water, add packet. This is a much better recipe than what I've been doing!
ReplyDeleteI think the sour cream really makes it taste better. But I've used the recipe on the back too and it's still yummy!
Deleteah! This looks delicious! yum, thanks! trying next week :)
ReplyDelete