My favorite hair products

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Based a few comments from this post, I decided to share my favorite hair products. 

I have always had a lot of hair on my head, but what hair I have is naturally dark blonde/light brown pretty straight, fine and doesn't have much volume. And I have always wanted the opposite - blonde, wavy and thick with tons of volume. Pretty much like this...
Via
She's my hair idol!

So most of these products are based on my hair type and the style I tend to go for - thick blonde hair with beachy waves and shine. I've divided it into categories and included both drugstore and salon  brands.

Shampoo and Conditioner
Aveda Color Conserve Shampoo and Conditioner - this is my tried and true shampoo and conditioner. It's gentle, smells amazing and preserves my color really well.

Via
Pureology Shampoo - It's sulfate free so it doesn't strip your hair of its natural oils and it protects color-treated hair. It's super moisturizing and if it wasn't so expensive, I'd use it daily. It is the best shampoo for color-treated or damaged hair I have ever used.

Suave Professional's Rosemary and Mint Shampoo and Conditioner - This is a knock-off of the line from Aveda. It's cheap and it clarifies without drying out your hair.


Heat Protectors
Aveda Brilliant Damage Control Spray- I use this every time I blow dry my hair. It protects it from damage and fading, and it also adds a little shine.

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Detangler - This is like a hot oil treatment in a spray. It's lightweight but gives your hair a boost of moisture and creates shiny, soft hair. 
Via
John Frieda Frizz Ease Thermal Protection Serum - I use this on my ends when needed - it helps moisturize and protect against heat damage. I use this a lot in the spring and summer since the humidity in my state is insane! It really keeps the frizz to a minimum. 


Styling Products
Pantene Triple Action Volume Mousse - This has won a ton of awards and I can see why. It's designed for fine hair and makes your hair look naturally thick and voluminous. It also helps hold heat styling well - I use it a lot when I want to wear my hair wavy and it keeps the waves in tact all day. 

Ojon Full Detox Rub Out Dry Cleansing Spray - This is a dry shampoo spray. It can be used on any color hair (it sprays on clear), it smells nice and adds volume. If it didn't cost so much, I'd buy it more often!

Dove Refresh + Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo - This is a cheap alternative to the Ojon dry shampoo. I use this often, even when I don't need it for second or third day hair because it adds volume and also makes your hair smell freshly washed.

L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray - This has a cult following and the US version is slightly different than the version I was introduced to - the European version. I bought a travel size of this hairspray the summer I lived in the UK and was devastated the day I used up the last of it. It is a lightweight formula but has the staying power of a heavier spray and it adds tons of shine. The best part is that it can be brushed out easily and leaves no stickiness behind.

Via
Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray - This is the BEST styling product I have ever used. My hairstylist got me hooked on this stuff and I gladly pay the $37 per bottle because this stuff is amazing. It is like a light weight hairspray and shine spray, but also has the qualities of a sea salt spray. It can be used on wet or dry hair and I use it every single day, regardless of how I style my hair. It never weighs it down, it's not sticky and it doesn't make my hair feel dirty like most hairsprays or shine sprays do. I spray it before I curl my hair with a hot iron, after I blow dry it to give it volume, and even on wet hair before I blowdry it. And it smells amazing! I LOVE this spray and cannot recommend it enough!


Any hair products that you love? Please share them in the comments section.

3 comments:

  1. I love your list. I use Ren Organics which is a wonderful, rich, creamy, fab smelling sulfate free shampoo. Their Argan oil shampoo and conditioner are amazing and so affordable. I love them. I love got 2 be Oil-licious Dry Oil Hair Taming mist. Oh, my goodness, it's lovely. I have thick, med length, color-treated blonde hair and after blow drying it just puts everything into place, cuts the frizz, and smells divine. I also love simple olive oil rubbed throughout my hair once a week and kept on for about an hour or two (while I clean or read) and then washed out. Sooooo nice. I like simple and I like our list of product, too. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great - thanks so much for sharing! i love purology (you forgot to mention how good it smells!) and can't wait to try some of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay thank you for this! Love the less-pricer dry shampoo alternatives. My fine hair really needs it, and I've been using the Suave one, but I'll have to check out Dove's!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground