Darling Girl,
Happy 8 Months! I know I say this every month, but I can't believe how quickly time is going by. Every day you are changing and growing and learning. I love watching the world through your eyes. Our love for you is so big and you're such a bright spot in our lives.
You are 14 and a half pounds and 27 inches long. You have moved into almost all 9
month clothing given how long you are, but some of your 6 month size dresses still fit. As the weather has gotten warmer, we have been able to pull out all the sundresses and rompers I have been dying to dress you in. We have also finally been able to get shoes on your feet! Your feet are so long and skinny hardly any baby shoes fit, but we found some sandals that work and you're wearing them almost daily. I should probably buy you another pair!
This month was a hard one for your mama - my milk supply dropped so we have been integrating more formula into your diet. You seem to love it just as much as mama's milk, but it gave you the worst gas for about a week. Thankfully the gas drops help. I'm so proud of you for being flexible with your food - it has made the transition from full-time nursing and pumping to just nursing you in the morning and evening (and occasionally during the day on the weekend) so easy. We have tried a few more foods this month - coconut, blueberries, pickles and a few nibbles of cornbread. You haven't quite gotten the pincher grasp down pat, so we have to mostly feed you finger foods with our own hands.
You are still sleeping 11-12 hours a night, get up around 6:30am to
nurse, but have finally started to transition to a solid morning nap around 9-10am and again around 12:30-1pm. For about two weeks you woke up every night between 2 - 5am. Your daddy and I were very worried that you were forming a bad habit, but thankfully we figured out that it was just gas from your new formula that was causing all the sleep drama. Going into your room to get you up from a nap or in the morning is one of my favorite times - you always get so excited and happy when you see me or hear my voice.
You are always on the move and so full of energy. Walking with our assistance is one of your favorite activities. On your 8 month birthday (yesterday) you pulled yourself up into a standing position twice in a 15 minute period - once in your crib and again in your room using the dresser for assistance. Your daddy and I decided it was high time to lower your crib mattress since this whole pulling up and standing thing might be a new normal. This past weekend you also decided it was time to put your skills of rolling over from your back to your front to use - you have known how to do that since about 3 months, but are now doing it regularly. It's kept you from napping a few times so I hope you learn how to nap on your tummy soon! I'm not sure if you'll ever crawl, you seem too intent on walking still. You are still giving us kisses daily, blowing raspberries and babbling constantly to your toys, people and even the dog and cat. Other babies are your favorite - the minute you get close to another miniature person your little arms wave like crazy, you giggle and you launch yourself forward to get closer. I think it's confirmed that you will be an extrovert! Your little personality is so precious and I love how joyous and silly you are.
Brighton Love, you are just plain wonderful. I'm so proud to be your mama, and you are the apple of your daddy's eye. You have taught us so much about what is important in life. We love our little family of three!
Happy 8 Months our love, our darling girl. We love you!


Oh my gosh, she is just so cute, Kara!
ReplyDelete