9 Months
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Darling Girl,
Happy 9 Months! Where has the time gone? This past month you really went from being a baby to being a little person. You are more in control of your body and voice and your personality has developed even more. You have always seemed so smart to us, but it's apparent how much you are picking up from the world.
You are 15.8 pounds and 29 inches long. You still wear some 6 month shirts, but are mostly in 9 month size shirts, dresses and pants. You also fit into most of your 12 month pants if they are on the slim side. You are such a tall baby!!! I finally found 2 more pairs of shoes that fit your feet well - one tiny pair of blue glitter jellies and gold gladiator sandals. The pair of size 3 slip on Vans I bought in California two summers ago finally fit your feet too. You love looking at your shoes as you walk (holding our hands of course). You also permit me to put bows in your hair and headbands on your head. I love dressing you up! Speaking of hair, your bald spot has finally grown back in, and your hair is getting so long and so light. Your eyes are still blue, but have become darker and more grey as well. You are still a long, skinny baby but those cheeks remain your chubbiest feature. I could kiss them all day they're so sweet!
You still nurse first thing in the morning when you wake up and before bed at night, but during the day, it's all bottles of formula and solid foods. I thought nursing you less would be a big transition for you, but you have been just fine. You went on a bottle strike a week and a half ago and it scared me senseless. We tried a sippy cup to no avail, and then you stopped eating solid foods too. Thankfully, it was just based on the fact that you weren't feeling well and after a day and a half you went right back to normal. Days like those are when I wish you could speak so I would know what to do! You still love your bottles and the minute you hear someone shaking it up, you get all excited. You finally figured out how to successfully pick up a piece of food and bring it to your mouth. The first time you did it, I cheered so loudly I think I scared you! We pulled out the big highchair and have started to let you feed yourself for at least one of your meals. It takes you forever to ear on your own, but it's part of the learning process. You have tried yogurt, cottage cheese, colby jack cheese, apples, bread and chicken this month. You hated the cheese, but loved everything else.
You sleep 11-12 hours a night, wake up around 7 or 7:30 a.m. to nurse and then play for about 2 hours until you take a morning nap around 9, then another nap around 12:30 or 1pm. Sometimes you'll sleep 30 minutes; sometimes it's 2 hours - it all depends on your mood, how you feel and how active you are. It seems the more active you are, the more you sleep!
This month you went from barely pulling yourself into a standing position, to scooting around furniture, while standing, learning how to go from a standing to a sitting position, walking really fast while holding our hands and pushing yourself from a laying down to a sitting position. On top of all of that, you figured out how to crawl. So much has happened this month with your physical body that it's no wonder you are exhausted at the end of the day! You also figured out how to wave "bye bye" with your hand - you also say "BAH" loudly when you do it! When we ask you where someone is, whether it be Daddy, Mommy, the doggie or the kitty, you look around the room until you find them and then look back at us and smile. You are so smart! Your "vocabulary" has grown as well. "Da da" is your favorite phrase and you say it all day long. You're also making the most hysterical yelping noises, along with these loud "baaaaa" and "daaaa" and "gaaaa" sounds. You also growl which both cracks us up and scares us a little. You have some fire in those bones!
The dog and cat are your absolute favorite things to play with. You love to crawl over to Bella and then climb over her big furry back and lay your head on her. You also try to cuddle the cat, but he typically runs away. You are such a busy, energetic kid, but you allow us to hold you, snuggle you and kiss you a lot. You still give us kisses and your new favorite way to fall asleep is with your head against our chests, your legs locked around our waist and your arms hugging us. It is the sweetest thing and I am addicted to the moments I get with you where you are limp with sleep in my arms. We still take almost daily walks with you and you love being outdoors whether in the stroller or our new bike trailer.
Brighton Love, you are such a happy baby, with a curious and sweet spirit. I love seeing you grow and change daily. You are unique and although you look just like I did as a baby, I am glad to know that your personality and spirit are all your own. We celebrated my first Mother's Day last week and in thinking back over all the years we waited for you, prayed for you, cried for you, I realized I wouldn't trade a second of it. You were worth the wait and I'd go through it all over again if it meant you were to be my daughter.
Happy 9 months darling girl. We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm loving the picture on the bottom left! Cutest little grin!
ReplyDeletelove this! She looks just like you! (you can never hear that too much, right?)
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a baby girl this cute.
ReplyDeleteLovely Brighton!!!
what a pretty little girl (and really cute pillows i might add). it's fun watching everybody's little ones grow up through photos : )
ReplyDelete