My love affair with beauty started as a young child sitting in my
mother's salon all those afternoons after school. I wanted to share the
best tips/tricks I have learned from my mom and her salon co-workers
over the course of many years. Some you might have heard these before
and others might be new to you. (I'm sure most of them can be found on
Pinterest or in a beauty magazine - nonetheless, I still wanted to share
them!)
| Jamberry nail wraps!! |
- Push your cuticles back after a shower or bath - they'll be soft and easy to groom.
- When possible, file (don't cut) your nails into the shape and length you want. Cutting can cause brittle nails to break. Use a fine grit file to keep the edges smooth.
- If you polish your nails a dark color, start with a base coat of clear or pale pink. This will protect your nailbeds from discoloration.
- To make a bright nail polish color really pop, use a white base coat first.
- Let your nail polish dry with warm (not hot) heat for at least 20 minutes before any activity.
- Buy a small paint brush and dip it in nail polish remover to clean up any mistakes around your cuticles and fingers after you polish.
- Take folic acid if you want stronger, longer nails.
In conjunction with these tips, I am hosting a giveaway sponsored by one of my lovely readers, Alison , a consultant at Jamberry Nails.
A few months ago one of my girlfriends starting using Jamberry nail wraps and I loved the designs and value. I ordered a few different designs from Alison and after watching the instructional video, was able to apply my first set of nail wraps in about 15 minutes! The nail wraps look great for up to 2 weeks without the typical issues of polish (like chipping, cracking and peeling), plus 1 sheet gives you 2 manicures and 2 pedicures!
Alison is giving away 3 sheets (designs chosen by the winner) to one of my readers!
How to Enter
Leave a comment and let me know your favorite design from Jamberry.
Tweet about the contest for an additional entry (be sure to tag me @karamott).
Contest closes on Friday, June 28 at 6pm EST.
Winner will be picked via random generator.
Contest open to U.S. Residents only.
Disclosure: This giveaway is being sponsored by the consultant. I purchased all the Jamberry items with my own money and my opinions are totally my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.
I love the ombré shades! So pretty!
ReplyDeleteI love the coral kiss! Summery but still appropriate for corporate America:)
ReplyDeleteI love the Swiss Dot Gray & Lemon. So cute - thank you for hosting!
ReplyDeleteI love Coral Kiss Shimmer. It's perfect for summer!
ReplyDeleteI love the gold tip on mint green...15 minutes to apply??!! Sign me up :)
ReplyDeleteI love the mystic ombre, subtle and cute!
ReplyDeletehow cute! i love the purple floral on violet.
ReplyDeleteThe Garden Party collection is so cute!
ReplyDeleteI love the Purple Floral on Violet. So girly and pretty!
ReplyDeleteI love-love-love the neutral leopard, and of course all the chevrons!
ReplyDeleteI like turple ombre. Thanks for the chance!
ReplyDeleteAngie
Love the newspaper ones!
ReplyDeleteHello! :) I really like the blush tip! What a fun idea for nails. I've never tried anything like them.
ReplyDeleteAnything chevron! Would love to try this!
ReplyDeleteall the ombre ones are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm a sucker for a traditional white French tip look.
ReplyDeleteI'm a sucker for a traditional white French tip look.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I love the Budding Cobalt from the Garden Party collection, or maybe something summery like America or Sunset Ombre, hard choice!
ReplyDeletethis is so cool! i love painting my nails but hate how they chip so quickly. i would love to try the french tip ones.
ReplyDeletejanacaballero@hotmail.com
I've been watching a lot of Mad Men lately and like the vintage feel of the navy quatrefoil or the mint triple.
ReplyDeleteAs someone who got a manicure yesterday and already chipped three nails, I would love to try these. I really liked the Summer Argyle ones.
ReplyDeleteI would love to try these! I liked any of the dots, the chevron, or even some of the floral patterns (vintage floral!)
ReplyDeleteThe mint and gold striped design is so sweet! Thanks for introducing me to a new site :)
ReplyDelete