| My original food series photo (this makes me laugh because that knife is so big!) |
Matt and I were convinced by a few friends (and a nice Groupon discount) to sign up for an electronic meal plan in hopes to eat a better variety of food and save a little money. Each week the company sends you recipes and a shopping list for 7 meals based on the kind of meals you desire. The site we chose has lots of options - classic, mediterranean, vegetarian, portion control, gourmet and the like.
We chose the clean eating plan because it looked like the healthiest option, it had some variety of proteins and veggies and lets you use your slow-cooker if needed. It did not disappoint!
Over the next few months, I'll share some of the best recipes with you. Tomorrow we'll start with ginger and orange pork roast with roasted ginger carrots and potatoes.
We also use a (most likely the same) meal-planning service and have been SO happy!! We did the Mediterranean plan for probably 4 months or so and loved that it was very 'clean'-- nearly all of our groceries were fresh, except for some things like pasta, rice, etc. This past week we switched to the low cal plan and our first week's menu looks pretty similar...almost nothing packaged. I'm so happy with it and love not having to worry about meal planning! Are you using the app? The grocery list that updates/adjusts is probably my favorite part!!
ReplyDeleteThere is an APP?!?!?! I need to get that.
DeleteIt's a game changer!!!
DeleteYou inspired me to look up meal planning coupons on groupon and I found one through emeals (i think thats the one you use, right?)
ReplyDeleteDo you only do dinners or one of the other, nore extended plans? My hsuabnd and I were just talking about the serious rut we're in meal wise and the deal is a steal. I'm guessing you'd recommend it? Do you use all 7 meals typically or are some that you toss out based on what you think you and your husband (and daughter!) would actually like?
Yeah we did the eMeals one and we really like it! We typically pick 4-5 of the meals of the 7 that sound appealing to us. There is always a night that I don't want to cook and we tend to always have leftovers so a meal can be extended to another night if needed. (I also keep chili or soup in the freezer in case we just want something easy)
DeleteI've been really happy with it - I've been eating a lot more veggies and the grocery bill went down too. One note - the clean eating and medit. plans ask for a lot of fresh veggies but I tend to do frozen if they're going to be mixed into something else. Tastes the same and costs less.
Hope you are well Jessica!!!
we love meals! makes my 'job' so much easier. Have you done the stove top lasagna? Probably our favorite and i make it 2-3 times a month! Toddler is especially a fan!
ReplyDeleteYES! We did this a year ago and it was so great, I added so many recipes into our rotation. I could not love this photo of you more:)
ReplyDeleteHa! It's like 2 years old but it's so me. Drinking wine while cooking is my favorite ;)
DeleteYou inspired me to sign up too, Kara! We're trying to get healthier, plus our son will be "eating what we eat" soon and I don't want it to be junk! I hope this helps with my meal planning too! Thank you! Can't wait to read the posts you write about this!
ReplyDelete