For me, it felt like a roller coaster. I returned to work in February and had to quickly learn how to balance that with motherhood and wifedom and being a decent friend and daughter. I didn't do it well at times and I felt a deep sadness for missing so much of the everyday of my child. I spent too much time in a state of worry.
But for each weak season this year, there was redemption. I tried to create some goodness in my life and in the lives of others. I pushed myself to be a woman of my word, to take my responsibilities seriously and to try to be encouraging and kind more than impatient and critical. I loved my family and friends deeply even when things got hard and sticky and uncomfortable.
I am not one for resolutions, but for 2014 I want more adventure in my life, more freedom to pursue a different career, more days of internal sunshine. It's up to me to find this, but until I do, I want to find fulfillment in what I already have. There is so much to be thankful for.
Happy New Year!

"More days of internal sunshine" - love that!
ReplyDeleteHappy 2014!
Wishing you freedom and sunshine and happiness throughout this new year!!
ReplyDeleteFinding fulfillment in what we all already have is a good one! Everyone should strive for this ;)
ReplyDelete