40 days without social media was so much better than I expected. A lot happened over the last 6 weeks and I can honestly say that I was more present mentally, emotionally and spiritually than I have been in a long time. It was good to be away from the chaos and hustle that I feel whenever I am online, and I'm going to ease back into it slowly and set some boundaries so I don't slip into bad habits again.
So here is what I did over the last 40 days:
- Had my hair highlighted with this new method called Balayage. I love it!
- Read a book in one day ("Brain on Fire").
- Finished 3 other books - "The Happiness Project", "Happier at Home" and "Children of Men".
- Bought a new house!!!
- Spent a ton of time on Pinterest and Houzz looking for remodeling ideas.
- Then spent a lot of time googling "Ikea Kitchens" and using the Ikea kitchen planning tool.
- Cleaned out every drawer, closet and cabinet in my house and donated a ton of stuff to the Salvation Army.
- Watched Friday Night Lights season 1 and 2 on Netflix (Texas forever!)
- Got a boatload of reclaimed lumber from a 100 year old barn for free that we plan to use for our new kitchen countertops.
- Taught Brighton how to climb a tree (don't worry it was a crate myrtle - they're very low to the ground).
- Cleaned out the attic and sold or donated a bunch of baby gear and toys.
- Celebrated 9 years of marriage to my better half.
- Got stomach flu from Brighton who proceeded to pass it along to my mother and Matt - that was a terrible week at the Motts house.
- Bought a stainless steel side by side fridge on the cheap via Craigslist.
- Then bought an entire set of stainless steel appliances (french door fridge, dishwasher, microwave and stove) from this lady who didn't like the "shade" of the stainless steel - people are crazy! Thanks again Craigslist.
- Then sold the side by side fridge for more than we paid for it!
- Planned a summer reunion party for my youth group friends.
- Ordered our new kitchen from Ikea - it took 2 hours and a venti iced coffee and a few deep breaths to get through that one.
- Put every single remodel task and cost into an excel spreadsheet - this is a massive and quick undertaking and organization is key.
- Enjoyed some playdates with Brighton's friends at the park.
- Had one of the best grilled cheese sandwiches of my life - from a food truck no less.
- Busted out the baby pool one hot Saturday afternoon.
- Closed on our new house!
- Took Brighton to her first Easter Egg Hunt in uptown Charlotte with all my friends and their kiddos.
- Started packing. Packing is seriously the worst.

 |
| Climbing trees |
 |
| 9 years of marriage to this one. I'm a lucky woman. |
 |
| Sunday afternoon playdates - she insisted on holding both their hands. |
 |
| Food truck Friday. Greasy foods, cupcakes and little friends. |
 |
| Baby pool for baby, cold beer for mama. |
 |
| Brighton and her little friends at the coldest egg hunt ever |
 |
| Our new house!!! |
So as you can see we did A LOT in the last month, most of which revolved around our new house. We have about a month of renovations in store before we move in and I'll do a more detailed post on the house tomorrow.
Cheers to Lent and cheers to getting a whole lotta stuff done in 40 days!
PS I missed y'all.
So happy you're back!! You're my favorite (and most consistent ;)) blogger I follow! Yay for a successful lent. Excited to hear about the house!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so flattered I'm your favorite! thank you for that sweet comment. :)
DeleteCan we see a proper pic of your hair? I've been contemplating ballyage!
ReplyDeleteYes! I will post one ASAP :)
DeleteI'm happy to see you back as well!!
ReplyDeleteHappy to have you back in this space!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to have you back and Miss Brighton is looking so big and as adorable as ever!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful 40 days and Congratulations on the new house, so exciting!!!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously miss you guys! I know that it probably so lame since I don't know you in real life. But I've come to truly cherish all the hope and encouragement
ReplyDeleteAnd real life that you share on the blog! Looks like you had an amazing time offline :)
DeleteSounds like a great 40 days (well, except that flu part...)! We celebrated 9 years of marriage this month, too, on the 16th :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an excellent 40 days! And I also read Brain on Fire in one day! Wasn't it riveting?! Such a great read.
ReplyDelete