So in just a few days I am heading to the Influence Conference! I am so excited to hang out with my roommates for the weekend Grace and Joanna (I'm already good friends with our third roomie Jess) and meet some new people!
As part of the Meet + Greet, we are supposed to post: a photo + a little bio, one part of the conference we are most excited about and one thing I wouldn’t leave home without
So here is my introduction:
Hi! I'm Kara. I am a lot of things - silly, passionate, a fiercely loyal friend and an constant
encourager. I love listening to stories as much as I love telling them and I
tend to ask a lot of questions if I am interested in the subject or person. So if I meet you
and it feels like an interview, my apologies in advance (it's just that I think you're
cool and I want to be friends!)
During the week I write for a big corporate company, and freelance for a
little marketing agency. During my free time I have the privilege of spending it with my
darling husband Matt and my precious two year old daughter Brighton, plus all our amazing
friends. We have made our home in the Queen City - Charlotte, North Carolina -
where I have been living since I was 10. I'm in love with interior decorating,
writing (I have a novel I've been working since grad school) and hosting
parties or dinners at my house. I'm a total Southern belle, with a side of
potty mouth. I'm trying to work on that, cause Jesus and my mama expect more
from me!
I am most excited about the opportunity
to have some dedicated time to talk about Jesus. I go to church, I read my
Bible, but listening to others share their hearts about the Lord and being able
to digest their words with other women makes me so happy.
I never leave home without lipstick or tinted chapstick. I feel naked without it.
I can't wait to meet you!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for commenting!!