Currently

Friday, September 19, 2014

I've been MIA for the last few weeks, sorry. Matt and I went to Cocoa Beach, Florida last week for the kid-free first vacation we have taken since Brighton was born. It was a wonderful week to just focus on my marriage and Matt.

We went to Harry Potter World at Universal (that's the Hogwarts Express).

Love this guy!

Here is what I have been up to currently:

Feeding – I feel like a pigged out this summer on bad food and my hips are definitely showing it. Over the last week and through the entire month of October I am cutting out sweets, alcohol and any extra carbs where I can. I’m trying to get back to cooking dinners with more veggies than dairy/meat and also ensure I have some veggies during lunch each day.

Reading - I read so much last week while Matt and I were on vacation.  I finished “The Passage”, “Eleanor+ Park”,  Landline”, “Is Everyone Hanging Out WithoutMe?” and “Crimson Roses.” I am now in the middle of “Dad is Fat” and “TheTwelve”. None of these books were on my original reading list for the year, but I am still trying to get through that list as well.

Conceding – That I need to spend at least a few minutes a day taking stock of what I should be grateful for. Over the last year I have really struggled with negative thoughts – some of my attitude is based on things that have happened to my family or my friends – but it’s unhealthy and not fruitful and I want to change that about myself. Also that I need a night every single week to just talk with Matt. No tv or technology, no cleaning, no chores, just us and our hearts.

Needing – To clean my house, like mop the floors, scrub the tub type cleaning. I hate cleaning.

Gearing up for – Girls night tonight (we are doing a clothing swap), getting my hair cut and colored tomorrow and the Influence Conference next week!

Procrastinating – Finishing the decorating of our master bedroom and guest bedroom, starting the landscaping of the front yard (I have so many bushes and shrubs to cut back or remove) and setting aside time each week to write.

Thankful for – My relationship with my husband, my precious daughter and my wonderful friends. I have a great support network and a wonderful set of girlfriends who are willing to listen, pray and encourage at a moments notice.

What are you up to currently?

Thanks to Danielle for the idea of a 'Currently' post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground