October is Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month.
Although I have never experienced this personally, I have had too many friends who have lost their children through miscarriage, still birth and post-birth as infants. As a mother, the idea of losing a child at any age is heartbreaking.
One of my dear readers, Lindsay, lost her precious daughter, Wylie Meadow, at birth in May. To honor Wylie, Lindsay has chosen to blog for 24 hours straight while raising money for a charity close to her heart.
"I wanted her name to be synonymous with goodness and beauty in this world and so I decided to start up Blogging To Remember," said Lindsay. "Blogging To Remember is my platform for a 2014 Blogathon. On November 22, I will blog once every half hour for 24 hours straight while people pledge donations to my charity - much like one would during a walkathon, marathon, and so on."
The charity Lindsay is supporting is a non-profit organization called The Compassionate Friends. They provide free bereavement materials to parents mourning the loss of a child at any stage of life. In addition, they have over 660 support groups in the United States alone.
Lindsay adds, "I speak from experience in that losing a child is an isolating experience, and I understand the importance of their work. Whether a parent lost a child as an adult 50 years ago or at 12 weeks pregnant last week, The Compassionate Friends is there and they never turn their backs. It is an honor to fundraise for them this year."
I hope you'll take a moment to learn more about Lindsay's story and consider donating to The Compassionate Friends. And for anyone who has ever lost a child in any way, my heart and my prayers are for you today.

I love this. I lost my son at 17 weeks, had to be induced and give birth to him stillborn, and then recover (body and heart) afterwards and it was insanely hard. I love that we can set aside some time and honor these beautiful babies and help fundraise for those in similar situations. I'll definitely be taking part.
ReplyDeleteAlyssa I am so very sorry for your loss. Praying for you!
Delete