| "Princess Anna" and her mama on Halloween night. |
Feeding – I did so well the last week, eating healthy and limiting portion size. I also didn't eat any sweets or foods with added sugar or drink soda or alcohol. Limiting those items from my diet makes a huge difference in how I feel every day. I am still meal planning a few weeks at a time and that makes dinner time is a lot less stressful!
Reading - The Autobiography of Red and also reading a lot of poetry again from Gerald Stern and Alice Walker. Also my talented friend Terence (who is also a poet) just launched his site this week - amazing work, truly.
Conceding – That hosting parties at our house should be done more regularly. We had friends over for Halloween evening and it was such a blast. The kids went trick or treating before it got dark, then we had a cookout. I love having a house full of friends.
Needing – To find a new winter jacket. I have 2 wool car coats (the kind that are long and fancier looking) and a leather jacket, but I can't really wear them on the weekends to the park or when I want to be more active, which is like every Saturday and Sunday! I'm kind of in love with this lightweight puffer from Uniqlo. I bought Brighton the cutest army green fleece lined jacket from Target - it has pink bows which are her "FAVWITE".
Gearing up for – Girls night this weekend at my house. We are having a little spa night with manicures and facials. Also, my first Hornet's game in over 20 years is coming up in a few weeks (the Hornets just came back to Charlotte! Long live the Hive!)
Procrastinating – Yard work. I've put it off for a month now. There are just so many other things to do on a weekend!
Thankful for – My wonderful friends, gel nail polish, dry shampoo and this book, which is helping me get through those epic showdown tantrums we get to participate in about twice a week with Brighton. (She's a wonderful child, but she's 2. It comes with the territory.)
What are you up to currently?
Thanks to Danielle for the idea of a 'Currently' post.
I love those Uniqlo jackets -- want one of the light grey puffer ones myself!
ReplyDelete