So close...

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

EEEKKKKK!!!
We are THIS CLOSE (imagine me holding my thumb and forefinger apart like 1/2 inch) to becoming a waiting family. A WAITING FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!! We just signed and notarized the very last piece of paperwork in this leg of the journey and tomorrow I will Fed Ex it, with some $$ to the agency.

Deep breath. Deep breath. Deep breath.

Also, I just borrowed half of my 401K from my employer. I get to pay myself back with after tax deductions at 4.25% for the next 24 months. Which isn't bad considering there are no taxes on early withdrawal PLUS I'm paying myself back with interest. Bravo! I am telling myself this isn't bad because 1) I had a slight panic attack before hitting the "submit" button on the online loan thingy and 2) IT'S A LOT OF CASH. But it's all for my Baby M. A small ransom for a precious gift.

Is it possible to already be in love with someone I don't know? Cause I think I am. I'm in love with my Baby M. (Yep, I'm a ball of mush folks. I feel a little giddy tonight.)

Next post - nursery update! Idea boards! A dresser makeover. It'll be so much fun. You just wait! ;)

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you have tons of help but I just want to let you know that I would LOVE to help decorate, paint, assemble.. anything for Baby M, you, and Matt. Even if you don't need help but wouldn't mind someone watching.. I'd love to be as much a part of this journey as possible. I'm so excited!! I get butterflies sometimes and I'm just the Aunt!!!! AHHHH I'm gonna be an AUNT!! eeeee heheheheheheeeee :)
    I can't imagine what you must be feeling if I'm feeling THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara,
    This is wonderful news! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayay! Can't wait to meet your little one. love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground