Crap Day / Awesome Night

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sorry it has been so quiet over here at Matt & Kara Adopt. I traveled for work this week and then was hit with a 24 hour stomach bug on Friday. 

Thursday was total crap*, but Thursday night was awesome. I was going to post a Product Thursday post but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I didn't get around to it - hopefully I can post a belated one this weekend.

Here are all the reasons why Thursday was total crap:

1. I woke up at 6am in Wilmington, Delaware to catch a flight home. 
It was freezing and there was still snow and ice everywhere. (I was there for work Mon-Wed).
Wilmington, DE - the city didn't look this nice when I was there.
 2. My flight was delayed almost 2 hours due to engine trouble. 
3. At work later that day, a woman walking across the street next to me called me a "stupid witch". 
But replace the "w" in witch with a "b". She thought I rolled my eyes at her. I didn't. Geez.
4. Too many work emails. Not enough time. 

However there is always redemption!  Thursday night was awesome! Here are all the reasons why it was awesome: 

1. Kissed my darling husband hello.
2. Got all dolled up and went to my Wives Club co-ed belated Valentine's party! 
It was11 couples in their finest, eating some yummy food, drinking yummy drinks and having fun.
Isn't my husband handsome?
I wore my new H&M dress. Comfortable and cute!
 3. My friend Kristina from Altogether Beautiful brought the bag I won on her blog
She is in the Wives Club and it's been a joy to get to know her and her darling family. I was so excited about the bag! I can't wait to pair it with a spring dress and some heels.
Ain't it purty? :)
4. We played games and Matt and I won a prize - a free photo shoot from I Heart Photo!
Our answer sheets and our prize! We are so blessed!
5. We all took cheezy prom photos for fun. 

A wrist corsage would have been perfect!
Normal picture. I need a tan!
Thursday night totally redeemed Thursday day! Unfortunately, I woke up nauseous and sick on Friday with a stomach bug and spent the rest of the day not working and in bed. But Thursday night's happiness is still lingering around today. I love my friends and I love, love, love my hubs.

Happy Weekend!

Side bar: I like the word crap (instead of its saltier cousin that starts with an "s") and my use of it increased about 200% after I lived in England - people in the UK used it a lot instead of "crappy".

1 comment:

  1. I had a 12h thing too. So gross! But glad you're feeling better!

    Cute pics from Vday party. Wish we coulda made it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground