Splurge

Monday, March 7, 2011

I've been working on the nursery a little again now that we have a tiny extra cash.  Yippee!

I bought a crib skirt (totally based on my mother's insistence that it "completes" the crib), and a changing pad from Carousel Designs.  Quick plug: the store is fantastic because it offers items a la carte so you can mix and match your crib linens and accessories. This is great for the non matchy-matchy mommies to be like me! Plus their outlet sales are rocking - I got my bumper from them in the fall and it was 75% off. They recently sent me a rocking chair pad instead of the crib pad that I ordered - when I called to ask about how I should go about returning it so I could get the right item, they were already closed so I left a detailed message. The next morning I had an email from a customer service representative telling me how sorry they were for the mistake and that they were going to email me a UPS label for the return that afternoon. What great customer service! I totally recommend them!

Anyhoo, I purchased a few items for the nursery this weekend - mainly storage cubes from Target (goodness I love that store), some picture frames and an amazing print from Etsy.

So with the picture frames, I plan to create a photo wall, much like the one we have in our living room currently...


...but instead filled with pictures of our friends' children - Baby M's future friends as well. The frames will all be different colors - black, white, red, aqua, yellow etc - and hung sort of like this:

Image via Real Simple

It will on the wall next to the Ikea Poang chair and closet. I can't wait to get it done!

The last thing I purchased this weekend was a print on Etsy by Grace Hester Designs. Her shop was suggested to me by Etsy based on my "Favorites" (I love that feature on the site), and thought the 20 x 30 print would look fantastic above the dresser and changing table. I love all the colors! Check out her shop - a lot of her work features word art in other languages. She even has pretty flash cards!
Photo of print via Grace Hester Designs
A few more things we need to finish - the curtains (can anyone loan me their sewing machine?), curtain rods, a rug, hanging the beautiful mobile Laura made Baby M, a new floor lamp (I've got my eye on this one) and maybe a throw pillow for the chair. 

I love decorating! Pictures to come soon!

5 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog from top baby blogs and now I'm your newest follower. I'm excited to go come back and read more about your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No son or daughter yet ;) we are still waiting for a baby. But thanks for dropping in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara, thanks so much for featuring and purchasing the print! I mailed it out yesterday so you should be receiving it soon!

    BTW, I LOVE the idea of having photos of your friends' kids on the wall arrangement. :o)

    Cheers,
    Grace from Grace Hester Designs
    http://gracehesterdesigns.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. daughter? i have NO idea why i wrote that, i remember thinkin JOURNEY. I'm going to blame it on the extreme lack of sleep the last week due to moving. I even misplaced my wedding rings and was CONVINCED they were stolen because i had NO recollection of taking them off and moving them. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground