Wives Night Out

Saturday, April 30, 2011

My wonderful Wives Club did a night out this past Thursday. We met up, grabbed some yummy treats at a local coffee shop and then headed to Neighborhood Theatre to see Songs of Water.*

From left: Esther, Jessie, Caitlyn, me. Photo by the wonderful Jess.

The band is one of the most talented I've ever seen. Each person could play so many instruments!


Photos by me via Instagram
At times during the concert I was brought to tears. These past few weeks have been very difficult emotionally and spiritually for me and Matt - waiting is becoming unbearable at times. But I think that during our lowest moments, it is so important to immerse ourselves in beauty. Listening to their music felt like medicine. I felt incredibly peaceful sitting with my girlfriends watching beautiful live art unfold before me. 

Sometimes we forget the ways God wants us to live - in the moment, enjoying his creation and gifts. 

Happy Weekend! 

*Songs of Water's Stephen Roach was interviewed by my friend Anna from The Colorful Living Project. You can read the interview here. Their latest album can be purchased here.

1 comment:

  1. I love that band! Listening to them live always soothes something in my spirit. I cry. I let go. I forgive. I heal... every time I listen to them. Nothing beats musician who are both highly skilled and completely yielded to the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground