In the financial drought of 2009, as new home sales slowed and the economy tanked, Matt's business of construction/home remodels/handyman repairs went from more work than he could accept to almost none. It was always his dream to go to college and it seemed there was no better time than the present.
Over the last two years Matt has worked full-time and gone to school full time. On Tuesday, he graduated with a degree in multi-media (graphic design, motion graphics and videography).
He ended school with a perfect record - a 4.0 GPA - the highest in the entire graduating class.
They named him Valedictorian.
Needless to say, I couldn't be more proud of him. He constantly amazes me with his ability to succeed in whatever he puts his mind to. His passion and ambition are impressive.
Tonight we're going to celebrate Matt (and his 4.0 and his smarty-pants Valedictorian title) with friends, some burgers and Matt's favorite - red velvet cupcakes.
Matt - I am so proud of you! Congratulations! I love you!
matt is the shizzzz
ReplyDeleteWow. Just WOW. Proud is an understatement!
ReplyDeleteway to go Matt!
ReplyDeletecongrats!
ReplyDelete