California Part 1

Monday, July 18, 2011

We had such a great week with the Cinder Skate Team in Los Angeles!
(Read the overview of why we went here).

I'm going to post the recap of the trip in 2 or 3 parts - there are so many great photos I want to share. So here goes part 1 - warning, picture heavy!

Wednesday, July 6
We, meaning David and Meredith Tolentino (Cinder's owners/leaders), Joe Gruber, me, Matt and eight young men on the skate team, flew from Charlotte to LA (with a layover in Houston) on Wednesday. The flights were so early - we left Charlotte around 6am, so were at the airport around 430am. I could barely function I was so tired!

We got into LA around noon, grabbed our rental cars, ate at In-n-Out  and headed to our condo. It was right on the beach in South Long Beach. I was in heaven!

Our fearless leader David, with Matt
Photo via Scott Jones (SJ)
Trevor and SJ
On the plane to LA
In-N-Out
Meredith and me

Our home for the week (Via SJ)
The view from our condo (Via SJ)
Thursday, July 7
Meredith and I spent the day at the beach, with a little intermission around lunch for a special shopping trip to RVCA (pronounced RU-CAH). RVCA is an incredibly popular clothing company (for skate/surf/lifestyle) and the manager of the distribution warehouse runs a pro-only store - Joe in his many connections knew the manager and he gave us 60% off all the merchandise in the store! Matt got two great shirts and a pair of pants and I got a cute tank top.

Mere and I drove down the Pacific Coast Highway a bit, then headed back to the beach for some sun and a long walk during sunset. 

sunrise
It was cold!



the skate team - these young men are awesome! (Via SJ)
Joe and David
Friday, July 8
Friday Mere and I headed south into Orange County to Huntington Beach. That beach is amazing! The water is so cold and blue. We packed a cooler with lunch and snacks and spent the entire day basking in the sun and people watching.

We ended the afternoon with a stroll around the main shopping area, a little gelato treat, then headed home. While the team ate Meredith's baked ziti for dinner, Matt and I drove up to Malibu to meet up with some friends we hadn't seen in a few months and ate fresh seafood in a restaurant overlooking the ocean. 
Huntington Beach
Baywatch training for middle school kids (I'm serious!)
yum
the parents to be

Dave and Mere
Scott, Joe and Trevor wanted a "family"photo too.

Part 2 tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Looks so fun...LOVE those dudes:) and Mere's baked ziti...that stuff is legendary:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground