Easy Pasta

Monday, September 5, 2011

A few readers asked for the recipe for this meal I posted a few weeks ago:


I call it "Pasta a la Lazy". This is so easy it will blow your mind!!
 That might be an overstatement. 

This is what you will need: Penne pasta, 1 can of white beans (I like Great Northern), 2 cloves garlic, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, 2 small boneless/skinless chicken breasts and some fresh spinach. Also, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.

Cook your penne pasta - I did 1/2 box (I like leftovers)
Look at that exciting iPhone photo of boiling pasta!!
Put the beans including their liquid in a small sauce pan and cook on medium until soft. Chop up 2 handfuls of spinach and set aside. Grab your garlic and chop up finely, along with your sun dried tomatoes - I used about 2 spoonfuls, but it's up to you how much you want. Saute in a small amount of olive oil to cook.
blurry iPhone photos, sorry. I LOVE Trader Joe's pesto and sun dried tomatoes!

I had some tomatoes from my garden in there too. I also burned the garlic by accident. This is a no-no. Tastes awful. Avoid burning the garlic.

While the pasta is boiling, and the beans are cooking, cut up your chicken into bite sized pieces, add to a skillet pan with some olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and cook over medium until brown. Take your pesto, add a couple of spoonfuls to the pan and cover the chicken with it - turn the heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes. 
it tastes better than this iPhone photo looks, I promise
Drain the pasta and beans. Grab two bowls, fill the bottom with pasta, toss in 1-2 helpings of beans, add the garlic and sun dried tomatoes, add the chicken, then spinach and top with some Parmesan cheese. 

Mix it all up and voila! Pasta a la Lazy.

 You're welcome. Now go impress your friends with this fancy meal.

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground