I crave this meal on a weekly basis - it's so good!
Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
1 red bell pepper
Jasmine rice (enough for 1 serving)
1 can coconut milk (I normally buy the light kind so there's less fat)
Red curry sauce or paste
Fresh cilantro and basil - about a handful each
Salt and pepper
Start your rice according to the instructions on the package (normally good Jasmine rice takes 20 minutes).
Season your chicken with basil, salt and pepper. Pour a little olive oil in a skillet, turn it on medium high and brown your chicken on both sides, then cover and turn down the heat to medium and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
Slice your pepper julienne style, then cut again in half (you want long bite sized pieces)
Pour the coconut milk into a large sauce pan, adding the red curry sauce or paste until it becomes a nice orangey-pink color. I like it very flavorful, so it's up to you how much curry you want! Turn the heat up to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
After it's done simmering, add in the peppers. Leave on medium to medium-low and cover.
Once your chicken is done cooking, dice into small pieces.
And add the chicken to the curry and peppers. Allow the chicken and peppers to simmer a few minutes.
Your rice should be done by now, so fluff with a fork and set aside.
Pour the curry into a bowl and garnish with the fresh cilantro and basil (I was out of basil, which is why it's missing from the photo.)
Add the amount of rice you want to your curry. I normally add about 3 big spoonfuls.
Eenjoy! Serves 2 (with leftovers)!
Alternatives to this recipe:
You can used dried basil and cilantro if you don't have fresh.
A orange bell pepper is also good instead of red.
Green curry with coconut is also yummy!
This sounds delicious! Definitely trying this one :-)
ReplyDeleteYum! This looks great, I need to try it soon! I tried a random curry recipe before & it was a flop, so I'm glad this one comes recommended! :)
ReplyDeleteHave you ever read http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/ ?
ReplyDeleteThey are a family loving Jesus and a baby they haven't met yet too. They are adopting from China!
Merry Christmas
I just made this the other night... It was so good and I'm definitely making it again! I love your blog and your cooking posts :)
ReplyDelete