Giving Back

Monday, December 19, 2011

Each year around Christmas, Matt and I make an effort to do something extra for our community. We feel it's important to give back year round, but the holidays provide additional opportunities to give back!

Over the last few years...
  • We hosted a party, requiring everyone to bring 2 canned or dried goods to donate to our local food bank.
  • We worked extra hours at Animal Care & Control - our county's animal shelter - washing and grooming some dogs so they could look their best and hopefully be adopted for the holidays.
  • We "adopted" a family in need and provided some presents for their children. 
  • We cleaned out our attic and donated all the items to the Salvation Army.
This isn't to toot our own horns or highlight how generous we are, but just to show how easy it is to do a little extra in this season! This year we are donating some much needed supplies to military families through Operation Homefront.

What are you doing this season to give back?

4 comments:

  1. I am cleaning out my unwanted clothes and old toys to take to our local charity shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so awesome of you and matt! i go through my closet a couple times a year to donate shoes, clothes and some accessories to the local goodwill or veterans.
    "adopting" a family in need is a great idea..i'll have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I have not been working for the past 4 months so this year all I am able to do is donate every so often at the salvation army tin. I hope to do more next year as I have in previous years!

    On a side note, I made your chicken pot pie tonight...it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you posted about this. It is something that has been on my heart during this Christmas season as well!


    You've received a versatile blog award:
    http://themerrymrsmobley.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-love.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground