Why do you want to adopt?
As long as I can remember, I have felt a call to adopt. I think it started on my first international missions trip to Recife, Brazil. We visited a local slum and so many of the children were orphans. They kept wanting to be held and loved on and it just turned my heart towards the whole idea of it. Matt and I started talking about it when we were engaged and it became part of our family plan.
Are you still going to adopt now that you’re pregnant?
Yes, we have always wanted to adopt and we still plan to in the future.
Where do you live?
Charlotte, North Carolina. I grew up here and didn’t want to come back after undergrad. Alas, the job market stunk in 2002, so I came home, then met my husband a few years later and here we are!
What do you do for a living?
I work in human resources at a big company that shall remain unnamed for privacy purposes. I like my job and the people I work with, but I don’t want to do this forever.
I work in human resources at a big company that shall remain unnamed for privacy purposes. I like my job and the people I work with, but I don’t want to do this forever.
What does Matt do for a living?
He owns his own construction/remodeling/handyman business – hence why we are constantly doing projects in our own home. He also does freelance videos, editing and motion graphics and builds snowboard/skateboard rails and ramps for some local ski mountains. Oh and he is a super hero on the weekends too.
He owns his own construction/remodeling/handyman business – hence why we are constantly doing projects in our own home. He also does freelance videos, editing and motion graphics and builds snowboard/skateboard rails and ramps for some local ski mountains. Oh and he is a super hero on the weekends too.
What is your religion?
I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and through His death on the cross our sins were paid for. My faith is the foundation for my life, marriage and family.
I’d love to host a giveaway on your blog, or pay for a sponsorship. How can I do that?
This blog started as a way to update our friends and family about our adoption process. While I have nothing against blogs that do participate in sponsorships or ask for sponsors, I don’t feel comfortable hosting advertising for blogs or for companies at this time. Thanks for understanding!
You talk about your friends a lot on the blog. Are they really that awesome?
Yes, they are more awesome than I could ever describe. We have this really amazing community – it’s a mix of people who either went/go to church together, work/worked together, were neighbors or a combination of all three. We have somehow become this big family that supports and loves each other through thick and thin. I think friendships like what we have are so rare and I really cherish every second I am around these amazing people.
Yes, they are more awesome than I could ever describe. We have this really amazing community – it’s a mix of people who either went/go to church together, work/worked together, were neighbors or a combination of all three. We have somehow become this big family that supports and loves each other through thick and thin. I think friendships like what we have are so rare and I really cherish every second I am around these amazing people.
What kind of camera and editing software do you use?
We have a Canon Rebel T2i with a few different lenses. I also use my iPhone sometimes. I edit in Photoshop CS5.



