Busy

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hey sorry for the lack of posts the last few days... I joined Pinterest and it sucked all my time away. JUST AS I FEARED. Kidding, kidding!

But really, I'm on Pinterest under "Kara Motts" if you want to follow me. I'm trying to get some boards going, so patience with this technologically challenged lady.

This past week was bananas at work. I felt like a chicken with my head cut off to be honest. The weekend made up for it though... Thursday night I hung out with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Erin. We ate yummy food and laughed and I drew her a picture on her to go box. We used to draw people like this in high school and make up stories about them. I miss having silly fun like that.
We named this one Turnip.
 Friday Matt and I had a date to a local burger place we love, a quick Target run, then we watched the Winter X Games. 
Yup I'm wearing a fake fur vest.
Saturday was a baby shower for a sweet friend, I had my nails done (have y'all tried shellac nail polish? it lasts 2 weeks or more), then onto a family party where my aunts and cousins kept touching my belly and cooing at the baby. Little did they know they were just touching my chubb and not the kid ;)

Sunday was church, lunch with friends, a 3 hour nap (glory!) then I went on a cooking spree and made banana bread, stir fry, and egg rolls. Yum!
I worked in the church nursery on Sunday
Sunday lunch with our friends and their kiddos
The fluffies begging/waiting as I cook.
How was your weekend?

6 comments:

  1. I've read your blog for many months now and thought about commenting a lot but never have, until today when I was compelled to, not for a deep and meaningful reason but because, we could be hand twins!

    Keep writing - I love reading about your journey!

    Love, Pip (long distance hand twin all the way in England)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're nicer than me. NO ONE touches my belly and I mean NO ONE. I don't care if it's the size of an overgrown beach ball, NO ONE gets to touch without being swatted away. I have serious personal space issues!

    But I love that polish!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to ask you, where did you're weekly dinner posts go?! I sure do miss seeing them. I've made a few of your recipes :) I thought maybe since you were having nausea that you weren't cooking but I see that you have been! Lol. Banana bread...yum. Egg rolls...yum.

    Hope to see a recipe post soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They went away for a bit because I was having a hard time with cooking/smelling food in the first trimester! I will be adding them back very soon :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I LOVE Pinky's!!! We have used them for parties too (they atarted catering this past summer!).

    xo
    jenn
    www.heelstohuggies.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground