How far along: 14 weeks - Hello 2nd Trimester!!
Baby's size: 3 1/2 inches long - the size of lemon.
Sleep: This past week was terrible due to my cold / sinus infection. I had the craziest dream this weekend that Matt was Robert Pattinson but he was 36 instead of like 24. And we were secretly married.
Maternity Clothes: I have been looking at maternity jeans and dresses online, but nothing bought or worn yet. My skinny jeans still fit great because they are low rise and stretchy.
Food cravings: Nothing really. I've been really disinterested in food this week due to being sick.
Food aversions: Not many!! I ate asparagus on Saturday night and it was glorious.
Symptoms I have: I wake up pretty hungry and nauseous at the same time. I threw up a couple times this week, but I think it's due to all the drainage from my head that caused it. Overall, I have a lot more energy.
Doctor’s Appointment: This Thursday - just a normal checkup.
Movement: None so far that I can feel.
Belly Button: Still an innie.
Gender: Unknown.
What I’m looking forward to: Starting to really show, as opposed to just looking chubby and our first ultrasound which will happen between 17-20 weeks.


Looking Good!! You are so pretty :)
ReplyDeleteI like the sound of that dream! Preggo dreams are the best.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Kara!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on hitting the second trimester! I felt the best towards the middle of my second trimester post all the 1st trimester nausea and yuckiness! Good luck!
ReplyDelete2nd trimester...whoop whoop!
ReplyDeleteyour dream sounds quite nice. i remember when twilight first came out on the big screen, i would dream about him often. Lol...shh, don't tell my husband. there was something about the cafeteria scene that thrilled me. Lol. okay, maybe i've said too much.
so...have you googled that chinese gender predictor yet? i'm guessing boy with that cute little bump. Lol. :)
Sarah - that cafeteria scene just kills me - especially the part where he walks in and you see him for the first time. I'm ashamed to admit how "swoon-y" it makes me feel. HA!
DeleteI have not tried the predictor - I'll have to google it! Hope you are well! :)
Kara, you definitely don't have any chub that I have ever seen ever. So we will stick with baby and bloat! Eeee!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Kara! I just discovered your blog last weekend and just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your amazing news. What a great story you guys have. I will be 14 weeks this Wednesday, our first, so I share in your excitement and a lot of your symptoms/feelings! It will be fun to follow along with someone is in the same stage as I am. Congrats, again!
ReplyDeleteYay for finally seeing a tiny bump! So exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Second trimester...my how time flies:)
ReplyDeleteYou are looking great! I'm really excited to "take part" in your beautiful pregnancy adventure - I've been reading your blog for a few months and think you have an amazing story - very inspiring!
ReplyDelete1. My sister had the thing where she woke up STARVING to the point of nausea almost her whole pregnancy. She found a super easy solution, though! She packed a baggie of Cheerios or saltine crackers as part of her nighttime routine and put them on her bedside table. Every morning as soon as she woke up -- before her feet hit the floor, and sometimes before her eyes were open! -- she'd reach over, eat the little baggie of food, give it a few minutes to settle in, then get up. Boom. No nausea.
ReplyDelete2. I slept like a ROCK most of my pregnancy. No sickness, just extreme fatigue. And even though I normally remember dreams, I didn't remember many while I was pregnant and didn't get the fun of crazy pregnancy dreams. Except that one time I dreamed I was at a party at Dale Earnhardt Jr's house and there were ostriches walking around everywhere, mingling with the guests. Uh. Yeah. CRAZY.