Dinnertime: Italian Sausage and Gnocchi

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

This is one of the easiest and yummiest recipes. It's not super healthy, but we only make this meal about once every 3 months.
Ingredients
1 package of HOT Italian sausage
1 package of potato gnocchi
2 cups uncooked spinach
olive oil
salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese

Chop up your spinach and set aside. 


Place the sausage in a large frying pan and cook on medium until brown, making sure to seperate it so it cooks in smaller pieces - about 10 minutes or less. Drain in a colander to get rid of all the grease and set aside.


At the same time you are cooking the sausage, cook the gnocchi - boil your water and when it gets to a slow boil, slowly add in the gnocchi (make sure not to splash hot water on you) and cook for about 5-6 minutes. 


Before you drain it, take about 3 large spoonfuls of the starchy water and put into each of the bowls you'll use to serve the food in.

Drain the gnocchi, then divide among the 4 bowls, add the sausage, then top with spinach, a dash of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. 


Serves 4. You can serve with garlic bread, or some fun side like cold olives or even a side salad.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. mmm that sounds good.
    ive never cooked gnocchi before.
    adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! of course I'd switch sausage for veggie sausage (morning star :) and we'll have a meal! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um, look at your cute little bump peeking out in the apron shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that is just the apron. :) It's pleated and sticks out. I took these pictures before I was pregnant!

      Delete
  4. i've always wanted to try gnocchi but never knew what to do with it. this sounds like my kind of dinner! yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at spinach.

    anywhere-is.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks AMAZING; I might just make it tonight!

    Also... I just needed to point out... I read one of your newer posts today before clicking back to where I had left off and I saw you're having a girl (sorry if I spoiled it for anyone else!) and I remembered someone had commented about you having a girl... like WAY before you were pregnant and still in the adoption stages. Here is the link: http://mattandkaraadopt.blogspot.com/2011/03/splurge.html#comment-form

    Crazy, no??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blake - my readers have known we are having a girl since we found out. I know you are just catching up, but you're fine. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground