To say that I am passionate about hair would be an understatement. It all started when I was a kid - my mother went to cosmetology school and worked in a salon as a nail technician. After school, I would hang out in the back room of the salon, watching the hairstylists mix colors and talk about their clients. At her salon, I learned how to properly use a curling iron, the way to make fine hair look thicker, and how to keep blonde hair looking shiny.
Ever since, I have love getting my hair cut and highlighted.
I love splurging on really good shampoo, condition and products. I love beauty and hair magazines and I LOVE finding hair tutorials and tips online!
Here are some of my recent favorites:
- Lauren Conrad can do no wrong and hair chalk is just another of her great ideas!
- I've always wondered how to do this and Mrs. Jones does a great version.
- The best hair tools for your budget from In Style.
- You Tube is chock full of hair how-to's but Foxy is one of the best. I adore this look right now.
- One last link - Allure's best haircuts for your face shape.
What are some of your favorite hair/beauty sites?
awe! i loved looking at all your old pictures of you and matt. you look pretty with any hair color...but, i really like the summer 2006 pic. pretty color and cut!
ReplyDeletewhoopsie...i just went back and read that you nor matt liked your hair dark.
DeleteI liked it, but I didn't really feel like ME. Make sense? But it was super fun! Thanks for the compliment!
Deleteyou're welcome :)
Deleteyes, totally makes sense. i used to be a receptionist at a hair salon while in college, so i was dying my hair ever month! i would go from brown to blonde and back again constantly (poor hair!) because i loved the brown with my green eyes, but i'm naturally a blonde (dirty blonde;) and always felt washed out and not me with the brown hair. so i totally get what you mean :)
OOooh! I would love some more details on how you make fine hair thicker!!!
ReplyDeletePantene Mousse for Fine Hair is my first trick - that stuff is magic! The second trick - I use a "smooth and shine" round brush when I blow dry and flip my head over to get some lift.
DeleteAlso velcro rollers to set my hair (when I have the time) works wonders!!
Oooh! Thanks! Clarification, do you use your round brush while your head is flipped over? You've got skills :)
DeleteI do use the brush while it's flipped over so it stays smooth. Once it's about 90% dry, I section it off and start to dry each section, curling the ends with the brush.
DeleteYour hair is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless! :)
You are so sweet, thank you!!!
Delete