This is my first attempt at roasting a chicken - I thought it was hard, but it was super simple. This is a similar recipe to Glamour's Engagement Chicken.
21/2 - 3 lbs bone in chicken (breasts, thighs and wings as separate pieces - I bought a whole chicken already cut up and used half)
3 medium red potatoes, diced in small pieces
2 cups of sliced up veggies - I used 1/4 sweet onion, 1 small head of broccoli, and one zucchini
4-5 sprigs fresh thyme
1/4 lemon or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
butter or olive oil
Heat your oven to 425 degrees. Grab your roasting pan (a regular baking sheet works too) and spray with some cooking spray. Combine the thyme, garlic, and lemon juice in a bowl and add about 1/8 cup of melted butter or olive oil.
Place the chicken, veggies and potatoes on the pan and drizzle with the oil/butter mixture until fully covered. (If you need to add more butter or oil, go ahead). Sprinkle the whole mix with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes - tossing the veggies over about half way through.
Serves 4! Enjoy!
Alternatives to this recipe:
Cauliflower and mushrooms are also good.
If you don't enjoy lemon and thyme, rosemary is a great herb to use.
Looks yummy! I never think of roasting broccoli!
ReplyDeleteIt's easy! Just pop it in the oven. Haha.
ReplyDeleteThis looks yummy! Plus healthy too!
Les...
LPN Programs