Our precious daughter will be named Brighton Love.
How we picked the name:
When Matt was in Utah in February, he went snowboarding at Brighton Resort, which reminded me of the other Brighton - the beautiful seaside town in England. I asked Matt what he thought about that name, and he loved it. Then when we found out our baby was a girl none of the options on our list of names we had
liked over the years seemed to fit. We both started calling her Brighton and it just stuck. We love that it's slightly unique, feminine and easy to say and spell!
For a middle name, we wanted a one or two syllable name, since Brighton and our last name (which I don't make public - Motts is a shortened version of it) would be quite a mouthful. Matt suggested "Love" since that has been a dominating sign and theme in this whole journey to parenthood (the Robert Indiana Love sign has been on our blog from the beginning and a recreation of it hangs in our nursery.)
Brighton means "from the bright town".
Love means "full of a profoundly tender and passionate affection."
We love our daughter's name. We hope you do too. ;)
Have a great weekend!

I love it!!!! What a beautiful and perfect name!!!
ReplyDeleteBrighton Love. Truly, truly beautiful. Maybe you'll take your Brighton to Brighton, England one day. Would be a great trip, I'm sure! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Beautiful name for sure...can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteVery cute and creative name! I love unique and meaningful names!! Don't let anyone tell you that your daughter's name is anything less than beautiful. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful name !!! LOVE it!! :) God bless!
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely name! Yay! Thanks for sharing before the big day!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! A city on a hill cannot be hidden!
ReplyDeleteLove the name. Love the play on words, Bright(on) Love.
ReplyDeleteJill you genius! I never even noticed that! :)
DeleteI noticed that right away too!
DeleteWhen I first wrote this I was thinking Bright Love, but now I also see how that could be read Bright on Love. Either way, it's perfect! Glad I could point that out.
DeleteI love it! :) I also LOVE the city of Brighton! I went there years ago and it is such a beautiful area in England. I hope so much to get back there someday.
ReplyDeleteOh its GORGEOUS! Totally fitting for such a beautiful special little girl!! She needs something completely unique and beautiful! <3 Congratulations! (PS I'm a long time reader, first time commenter and I want to say how much I love following your story and how truly inspiring your family is <3)
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI think we know Matt's sister faith :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! Email me and let me know how you know her!
DeleteYay! I've been waiting for this! :) Beautiful name for a beautiful little girl.
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm from Utah and have been to Brighton many times.
I love that she'll a very origanal name but not crazy/weird like some names out there.
It's a beautiful pick!!
I we ever have a baby girl she'll be Emilia (Emmy) Hope.
((I truly hope we are blessed like you on this infertility journey of our(ttc 3&1/2 years with 3 early losses))
Praying for your journey. I am so sorry for your losses and pray the Lord blesses you with a child ASAP!
DeleteWe used to snow board at Brighton as well. Love the name and I love that it had so much meaning.
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet and beautiful name!! I think it has a lovely southern charm to it as well! She will wear the name well.
ReplyDeleteI love your daughter's name!! It is so beautiful! I've been reading your blog since last fall and have loved following your journey! So encouraging!
ReplyDeleteI've been eagerly awaiting this post since I got my baby shower invitation. :) I ADORE this name...it is so perfect. Please let Brighton know that she and her Aunt Jamsky are going to have SO MUCH FUN together! ;) LOVE YOU.
ReplyDeleteShe is going to love you so much!!
DeleteThanks so much for sharing, it is just perfect! So much meaning and so original without being hard to pronounce-perfect! I am so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteEveryone - Thank you for all the kind and sweet notes!!
ReplyDelete