Dinnertime: Harmony Bowl

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I posted a picture of this recipe last summer, but here is the recipe and a few alternatives again! My friend Jessie got me hooked on this meal.

Ingredients
One package tempeh
1 can beans (black or pinto preferred, but chick peas work in a pinch)
Some veggies to stir fry - I like yellow squash, zuchinni, broccoli and onion
1 cup cooked rice (not pictured)
Handful of fresh greens like spinach or mixed baby greens
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Vinaigrette / salad dressing of your choice - with these veggies/beans combo I like an asian ginger dressing

Cook your beans in their juice on med-low until soft.


Chop up the tempeh and saute in olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat until the sides are brown - season with salt and pepper.
Slice up the veggies and cook until warm (not soggy) - about 5-10 min over medium heat.

Grab 4 bowls, put the rice in the bottom, add some beans in their juice, about 2 long slices of tempeh, two spoonfuls of veggies, and top with the dressing and some fresh greens.  Serves 4!


For more info on the original harmony bowl recipe from a great place in Asheville, NC visit here
You can also do this recipe in a Spanish style with black beans, red pepper, onion, cilantro and salsa as your "dressing" - with a few slices of avocado as garnish - like this!

1 comment:

  1. I'll admit it. I'm scared to death of tempeh. What does it taste like?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground