In just one week, Matt and I are going to tackle the last of our interior renovations - the office and the master bedroom!!!
These are the last two rooms with carpet, so we plan to pull it all up, refinish the floors and install all new door frames, window frames, baseboards and shoe molding. Based on the work, we'll also have to do some paint touch-ups as needed.
The office layout including, the art wall, will remain the same.
We like the room for it's function as an office / guest room with the custom bookshelves and desk Matt built a few years ago.
But the master bedroom will get some fun updates! We are keeping the light grey walls and black furniture, but I plan to make the room more light and airy with pops of white everywhere and some teal blue. Here are the changes:
We like the room for it's function as an office / guest room with the custom bookshelves and desk Matt built a few years ago.
But the master bedroom will get some fun updates! We are keeping the light grey walls and black furniture, but I plan to make the room more light and airy with pops of white everywhere and some teal blue. Here are the changes:
- Rearranging the bed and dressers for a more open feel.
- Replacing the mini blinds with blackout roller shades.
- New white curtains for the windows.
- Matching bedside table lamps.
- Updated throw pillows (already purchased from Etsy!)
- Moving the art around on the walls.
- And maybe if I have some money left over a new duvet cover with shams. These are the duvets I am currently drooling over:
![]() |
| Via West Elm |
![]() |
| Via West Elm |
| Via BBB |
I bet you're totes bored with these duvet choices, but I want to keep the bedding white with some texture since the room is small and the furniture is dark.
Some before and afters to come in a few weeks - I can't wait!


I can't wait to see the makeover pictures! I came across the 2nd duvet you posted about on the Target website. I'm not sure of the quality but it might be worth looking into. Good luck with the makeover!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.target.com/p/Target-Home-Puckering-Duvet-Set-White/-/A-13679877#?lnk=sc_qi_detailbutton
I was going to say I saw that 2nd duvet at Target too!
ReplyDeleteI have that west elm duvet. Love it! I think target has a knockoff now though.
ReplyDeleteI love them all, love the white! My favorite is the middle one though!
ReplyDeleteOmg the second duvet is my FAVORITE - I've been drooling over that for quite some time! Love all the ideas, it's going to look great!!
ReplyDeleteAw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.
ReplyDeleteConservatory Blinds
I'm obsessed with home renos right now! Also? I adore the second West Elm duvet - we have the same one. I could live in a W.E. show room and be perfectly happy.
ReplyDeleteWe've had a white down-alternative comforter (with dark gray sheets and yellow and white chevron accent shams) for a while now, and I absolutely love it!! We've used it in both a very large room and a very small room, and I liked it equally in both. It makes it so easy to change out accent pieces without having to completely redecorate and keeps the room feeling fresh and clean. Yay for final renovations!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the second duvet!
ReplyDelete