3 Months
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
You are three months old. A year ago this weekend your daddy and I spent a Saturday morning at the doctor's office, getting ready for you, not knowing that the end result would be you. What a special birthday for us, celebrating your conception and your life now.
I am still amazed that you belong to me, and I to you. It feels so natural now, being your mama. I love you more every single day - I didn't think my heart could be so full, but it is. Life with you is so sweet.
You have changed so much this last month! You were already cooing and smiling at us, saying "ah-goo" and other various baby sounds, but this month we heard your first real laugh. It was such a beautiful sound and continues to make us stop in our tracks. You are still a happy baby - smiling and cooing at anyone and anything, but your personality continues to shine through. I can tell you are going to have a silly streak just like me, but you also have a peaceful calm about you just like your daddy. You can fully hold your head and upper body up, and you can sit in the Bumbo seat easily; you've also stood on my lap a few times, but your little legs can only handle it for a few seconds at a time. You are also able to somewhat grasp a toy and bring it to your face to chew on it, which has been fun to watch. You are now in cloth diapers and your little bum looks so cute
You are now 12-13 pounds and 25 inches long - you are fully in 3 month and 3-6 month clothing! You are now sleeping 8-10 hours a night and we have begun nap training - your naps were becoming way too short and you definitely still need 14-15 hours of sleep a day. You are still nursing, but you have entered a season of distraction - I now have to cover your eyes with my hand or with a cover to keep you focused.
We spent a lot of this month enjoying time with family and friends. We have made a point of having some mommy/daddy time so you grandparents have had extra time with you as your babysitters. I've tried to keep a balance of bringing you to social events and church, but some days we spent at home, staying in our pajamas and cuddling in bed. I love the days when it is just us in the quiet of our house.
Brighton Love, you fully embody your name - bright and full of love. It has been such a privilege to watch you grow, to take care of your every need, to be your mama. I pray that the Lord would continue to protect you and that He would shower you with His love. Your daddy and I love you more than you could ever imagine and we love life with you in it. You are a bright spot in our lives and a reminder that love exists.
Happy 3 Months my love, our darling girl. We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


This is just a wonderful testimony of love for such a wonderful baby girl.
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing family,
Laurence
Brighton looks so sweet!!! congratulations
ReplyDeleteAhhh! What a happy girl! Lovely!
ReplyDeleteShe is so precious!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to little Brighton Love! I just adore her name, if I haven't mentioned it yet. Wow.
ReplyDeleteShe is just so beautiful!! That smile is outta control
ReplyDelete