Currently

Monday, December 17, 2012

Blurry iPhone picture at Brighton's 4 month pediatrician appointment
 Loving: I say this every time, but I am really loving life right now. My family is healthy, Matt's business is thriving and staying home with my daughter is a lot of fun. There is so much to be thankful for. 

Reading: I'm still reading The Night Circus. Although so many have said they love the book, I'm actually not too into it so it's taking forever for me to finish it. Matt is reading World War Z and I am going to start that once he is finished.

Watching: I really want to go see The Hobbit, DJango and Les Mis over the Christmas holiday.

Listening to: I have my car tuned to the local Christmas station, but in the house, I have been avoiding listening to anything. I like the silence when I get it!

Thinking about: Last week our community lost an a wonderful young man to cancer. This person was a childhood friend who left behind a beautiful family - his amazing wife and two children (with one baby on the way). Losing someone that I knew most of my life was incredibly sobering and strange, and of course heartbreaking. That loss combined with the Newtown tragedy really pulled everything into focus for me. I spent the weekend holding tightly to Brighton and Matt, praying more and worrying a little more too. Life is so short and fragile and I felt compelled to tell my loved ones how much they mean to me.

Looking forward to: Our family holiday party on Sunday night, our church's Christmas Eve service and time with our parents (on both sides). Last Christmas was so special since we shared the news of our pregnancy and this year will be extra special since Brighton is with us!

Making me happy: My daughter's constant laughter, my marriage, my girlfriends and the holidays. Life is good.

Do you have a Currently post? If so, link to it in the comments - I'd love to read it!

Thanks to Danielle for the inspiration for these posts.

7 comments:

  1. http://babywink10.blogspot.com/2012/12/currently.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Words cannot describe the pain I felt when I heard about the Newtown tragedy. Christmas is around the corner and parents will be without their children at this special time of the year. That is utterly outrageous.
    My son got extra cuddles ever since that terrible day.

    Let's tell our children we love them beyond everything.

    Merry christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I cannot believe this keeps happening too. It's so heartbreaking.

      Delete
  3. you two look beautiful! merry christmas Kara, enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long time reader, first time commenting. I just wanted to say, I am sorry for the loss of your friend, and as a mother I know the pain you feel hearing about the Newtown loss. I've been holding my babies a little tighter and a little longer these past couple days.
    In happier news, you look amazing, love the top; and your hair color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground