Currently

Monday, January 7, 2013

A rare moment - she fell asleep in my arms for the first time in months!
 Loving: I love my friends so much. We spent New Years in Asheville with Crystal and her family and it was so much fun! We put the kids to bed then headed out to a late dinner and drinks, then rang in 2013 in the glow of her mom's Christmas tree just talking about life. I'm so lucky to have her in my life!

Reading: I finished World War Z in about 4 days last week. It was amazing, scary and thrilling. I actually couldn't sleep one night because the idea of a zombie war freaked me out (I know it's not real, but it got me thinking about survival in dire circumstances). I don't recommend reading that book at night!

Watching: UNC-Chapel Hill basketball (Go Tar Heels!), Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and anything on HGTV.

Listening to: I hardly ever listen to the radio, so am trying to catch up on popular music when I'm in the car. Is it just me, or are all the songs sounding the same? Maybe I'm just getting old.

Thinking about: Goodness, so much. Another childhood friend passed away last week of breast cancer. She was my age and a vibrant, passionate woman, a mother and a wife. All this loss in the last month is almost too sad to process.

On a less serious note, I have been thinking about organizing and being more intentional in specific areas of my life - our home, my time with Matt, planning for our bible study. I've come up with a loose schedule for chores and to-do's during the week so we can get things done, but also be able to spend quality time together.

Looking forward to: These last few weeks at home with Brighton. I am trying really hard to just soak up every moment I have before I go back to work.

Making me happy: Silly things like a good hair day, polishing my nails after the baby goes to bed, getting a long hug from Matt; but also the big things in life - the health of my parents, that Matt's business is doing well, our church community.


Do you have a Currently post? If so, link to it in the comments - I'd love to read it!

Thanks to Danielle for the inspiration for these posts.

6 comments:

  1. Not just you -- they all sound the same! I was telling my husband the other day that I remember being a teenager and getting mad at my parents because they only listened to music from their childhood. Well, I realized I reached that point -- I only listen to music from MY childhood, nothing new because it all sounds like garbage. Oh, getting old, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kara,

    lovely to read your "Currently" post.I always write that but that 's true!

    Sorry to hear bout your childhood friend who passed away to cancer. That's so so sad. My heart and thoughts go out to her relatives.

    Have you read The Help by Kathryn Stockett?. This book is unputdownable and touching.

    Brighton is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://ajoyrenewed.blogspot.com/2013/01/currently-jan-2013-edition.html

    Love your posts!

    I'm reading 7 by JenHatmaker and it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tese posts!!

    http://babywink10.blogspot.com/2013/01/currently.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground