![]() |
| She looks like Sporty Spice! So cute! |
Reading: I pulled out one of my favorites "The Great Gatsby". I forgot how wonderful that book is - the descriptions of New York, the mystery of Jay Gatsby and the tragedy of the love affair between him and Daisy. Once I am done with that, I am going to read "Ready Player One" which Matt just read and loved.
Watching: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (I know it's trash tv, but I love it!) and the season finales of The Office and 30 Rock. I finally saw "This Is 40" and it was so depressing. So freaking depressing! I don't recommend spending $10 to see it in a theater.
Thinking about: The inevitability of Monday, February 4th - my first day back at work. I get so anxious thinking about leaving Brighton in someone else's care, although it will be my mom and Matt's mom watching her during the day. I'm lucky to have such amazing family who love my baby as much as I do. But I'm still anxious and a little bit heartbroken about going back to work full-time. On the bright side, it will be good to have some regular adult conversation and use my brain for things not related to parenthood.
Looking forward to: I plan to start working out more frequently and I am looking forward to the warmer weather in our area. Our winters are pretty short in North Carolina (praise God) and I am always more motivated to get outside when it's warm! My dad, Brighton and I took a two hour walk on Saturday on the local greenway and it was so much fun.
Also I am ready to get my hair done again. Since going a bit darker I have noticed that I have grey hair. Not just ONE grey hair, MANY grey hairs. It's a patch right at my middle part too so it's totally obvious. I can't wait to go back blonde to help cover it up.
Making me happy: My husband, my daughter, my crazy pets, my precious family, my wonderful friends.
Also, pomegranates. I'm weirdly obsessed with that fruit and they're in season. Oh and we bought a deep freezer this weekend. I can have space in my regular freezer again! (How boring have I become? This is adulthood I guess.)
Do you have a Currently post? If so, link to it in the comments - I'd love to read it!
Thanks to Danielle for the inspiration for these posts.

http://babywink10.blogspot.com/2013/01/currently_22.html
ReplyDeleteBrighton looks cute in her sporty outfit. :)
Thank you. I will be reading it this week. :)
DeleteThanks so much for posting these! It's one of my favorite posts to write too because it reminds me of what is mostly good going on in my life :) http://littleoldrocker.blogspot.com/2013/01/currently.html
ReplyDeletePraying your transition back to work will be a smooth one. My grandma, grandpa & mom watched little man for the year that I worked and I am so thankful he had someone who loved him so much and I know that he was in good hands. They have so many sweet memories with him and I'm thankful they got that.
Thank you April! That is very encouraging to hear.
DeletePraying for your transition back to work!! It will be hard, but you will be fine, especially since you have the grandmothers watching her! I love those photos of B, she is the prettiest little sporty spice out!
ReplyDeleteI know you worked as well - if you can do it, I can do it! Thank you for your prayers. Hugs!
Deletehttp://apeachykindoflove.blogspot.com/search/label/Currently
ReplyDeleteGoodness - Brighton is getting so big!!
Thanks!!!
DeleteYay for the freezer! Don't know what we would do without one!! Funny the things we get excited over these days!?
ReplyDeleteI know! So silly right?
DeleteI love all your posts. Little Brighton is such a sweet heart!
ReplyDeletehttp://overmanlife.blogspot.com/
Thanks Becca! And I will check out your blog this week!
DeleteMany people, including me, will be thinking of you when you go back to work. After a short while, even though it is hard, you will feel as if you had never left work full stop!.
ReplyDeleteEmbrace life with her full time for the moment!.
That s the best
Laurence
Laurence you are always such an encourager. Thank you for your kind words and sweet thoughts.
DeleteI've been absent from the blog world for a while and so I have to ask..when did she get so big?! So cute!!
ReplyDelete