Totaled

Friday, March 22, 2013

So my car was declared totaled this morning. Womp, womp!

I went to the body shop to get all my personals out of it, and the plate, and I got weirdly emotional about it. It's just a car, but it has a lot of memories attached to it and I also feel pretty foolish for crashing it.

Life goes on, right? Now to start researching cars and figuring out what we can afford! I am leaning towards a wagon or a smaller SUV. Any recommendations?

Happy Friday friends! Also, thank you for all the incredibly kind and sweet words you left on the last post. This online community is really amazing and I was encouraged by all of you.

17 comments:

  1. We have a Kia Sorento that we like. It is a crossover SUV, so it gets better gas mileage than most SUV's. We were also able to get it fully loaded (for the same cost we could have gotten a Honda CRV that had the bare minimum for extras). You also have the option to get 3rd row seating or you can opt for a bigger trunk. It does have Eco driving. It also have 4WD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my Honda pilot...but I have always been partial to Hondas. A Volvo wagon was my 2nd favorite. Test drive a few in dec and loved them! Good luck with the search :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. toyota rav4, has 4WD and affordable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - I had to replace my 10+ yr old car and we decided on the Rav4. It is awesome (esp love how you get the feel of a SUV but it's not huge) and of course you cannot go wrong with Toyota.

      Delete
  4. GIRL! I totally got emotional when my car died too. So many memories.....and now it's a car that will be seen blowing up in a movie! Talk about crazy.
    I'd go with a wagon:
    1) My Mom had one when I was growing up and I have so many fond memories 2)The car that I owned until it died was a wagon (and 24 years old)! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for the Prius!!! We LOVE ours, best purchase we've ever made! We have have the mid size and it is actually super roomy!!! 51 miles to the gallon and it only costs me $30 to fill it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry! My husband & I just got a used forrd escape when our second child was born so we would have more room & we love it. It's perfect for our little family of four. It was hard adjusting to the change in how much gas now cost since we have a Toyota corolla before, but it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I can imagine how sad I'd be if my car was totaled. I have a Saturn Vue and I can't love it enough. Every time I look at it I smile. It's a great car!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your car (and that awful day!!)

    I have a Mercedes wagon that I just LOVE to bits (hold the phone - we got an amazing deal on an 04' that was basically driven to church and back and the upkeep was phenomenal AND we got it for a steal!) so I would totally say don't discount good quality used vehicles. Cars are kind of a passion for my husband so he can sniff out a good deal, if you know anyone like that I would see if they could help you find something amazing for your family :) just a thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no! Good luck finding something new, we love our Rav4.I had a Saturn Vue before this and the transmission went with only 32k miles on it :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love our VW Jetta. SUPER reliable cars and great on gas mileage, which is our number one priority from a budget perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, just read your previous post. What a horrible day, even if you hadn't had an accident! I will say we love our Toyota Venza. It's a great crossover vehicle, super safe and reliable. I haven't had a Rav4 but I've been in several (many friends have them) and they like theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saying "wagon or small SUV" screams Subaru outback to me, since they are both! My mom has an old one and I've spent a lot of time driving it and like it very much, and bonus - the new ones are VERY cool looking! Perfect cool mom car!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my Hyundai Elantra GT (it's a four-door hatchback). Roomy, yet not too big. Not too small. Perfect. Good gas mileage. Good luck! When I totaled my first car I cried and cried. I was extremely emotional. When we recently traded in my two-door car (since we're expecting a baby in May--I wanted something with four doors and a little more room) I was extremely emotional then too! We spend so much time in our cars. It's is understandable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought a Nissan Pathfinder, it's a mid sized SUV, and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a Hyundai Santa Fe, I was devastated when I totaled it. We had bought it for our new family (twins!) luckily I was alone when it happened, but it was totally safe, airbags from one end to the other I just had minor burns from the seat belt. I would love to get another one!! Comfy, fit a double stroller w/ room for groceries, and again safe!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground