Oklahoma

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Yesterday's tornado reminds me of my 6 years living in Edmond, Oklahoma, right in the heart of "tornado trail." In the spring of 1986, we heard the city's tornado warning sirens while I was in ballet class at my dance studio. My mother threw me in the car immediately, and as she raced down Broadway (the main street in our town), I looked back and saw the tornado headed straight for us. We pulled into our neighborhood, ran into the house and hid in the bathtub, just as we heard the low roar of the wind and the storm behind us.

Right before it touched down, the twister veered east, missing our home and destroying the houses just blocks from us. I will never forget the terror I felt that night hiding in the bathroom, praying we would be spared. We were so lucky that day.

I am heartbroken for those who lost loved one or their homes yesterday.

I'm praying for you Oklahoma.

2 comments:

  1. I somehow missed the news last night, not having turned on the computer or television. I've been watching in horror this morning, and feeling so helpless down here in Florida. I can't imagine the devastation so many are feeling, and I wish there were more ways to help. What ah orrible tragedy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being from Oklahoma and having friends and family living in Moore who lost everything, thank you for your prayers <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground