Outdoor Living

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I am itching to do a little mini makeover of our outdoor space. We re-did the driveway this spring and planted all new flowers out front, added new mulch and I did some weeding, but our little side porch is a sad, sad site.

The man who owned the home before us painted the porch floor (along with the foundation brick) a creamy taupe color, but after almost 6 years of walking up and down it, along with the crazy Carolina weather, the floor has started to chip badly. 
See how chipped the floor is? So ugly!
 We have one sad fold up chair in the far corner, a rubber doormat at the side door, an old broken window leaning against the wall, a few hanging plants and the rustiest mailbox you've ever seen. It needs some help!

Since I am pretty cheap when it comes to purchasing anything these days (good lord has anyone seen how much college will cost in 18 years?!?!), I have been researching some good deals on 2 cute and comfortable chairs, a side table and an outdoor rug. 

Here are some of the items I'd like to add to our side porch:

Adirondack Chair from Lowe's


Target Woven Patio Table
Restoration Hardware Vertical Mailbox
Ballard Design's Chevron Rug

Makeover photos to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Can't wait to see! We have been doing some major remodeling as well, our attic is soon to be our new bedroom space! We are also on a budget so, trying to redo several things at once adds up! We have been focusing on our yard as well since we like to spend time outside..it's expensive though, and especially grass seed! HOLY COW! We're working on it..Good Luck with yours as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like you strait up need a new mailbox, but we just had really good luck spray painting our old dingy one a nice bright red for about 5 bucks... just a thought! good luck with the make over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude I love that rug! It would look great in our new family room! We might have to be rug twins now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground