When I was a child, my father would lift me up and place me on his shoulders, letting me see, touch and experience the world at a height I could not reach alone, but always within the safety of his hands. I always loved the feeling of the wind in my hair, the thrill of being so high off the ground and the comfort of my fathers hands holding onto me.
Today as I watched my husband lift our daughter to his shoulders and listened to her squeals of delight as she saw the world in a whole new way, I was reminded that God always desires to do the same - lift us up, keep us safe and provide a life full of wonder.
I love watching my husband as a father to Brighton and I love the way he emulates our heavenly father in his love for her.

<3 such a beautiful reminder! I cannot wait until our daughter is old enough for my husband to lift her up and walk around with her on his shoulders!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful post <3
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great photo! I can totally see this as a father's day gift. Love it!
ReplyDelete