Currently

Monday, February 24, 2014


Feeding - I'm on a roasted brussel sprouts kick. Also, so much coffee. I need a coffee intervention.

Reading - I just finished "The Happiness Project" and started on the author's second book, "Happy at Home". I don't tend to like books that have a gimmick in them, or focus on self-improvement, but the project actually pushed me to mindfully think about some areas of my life that could use a fresh, joyful perspective. Also, I just ordered "Children of Men", "About Alice" and "Betsy in Spite of Herself" from Amazon and can't wait to get started on those.

Conceding - That sugar is a terrible, horrible addiction in my life. I went sugar-free for the month of January and once February rolled around and I started letting myself indulge again, I felt horrible. I have a ridiculous sweet tooth and that has kept me sluggish and five pounds heavier for years. I am really going to push myself to limit sugar all the time, no matter the occasion.

Also, that if I could wear the same outfit every day I probably would. I'm obsessed with pairing my skinny jeans from Loft with a tshirt and this green lightweight utility jacket from F21 (see photo above).

Needing - To start cleaning out the attic and some closets. Matt and I cleaned out our closets and some drawers this past weekend, but I know there are a lot of things in this house that we no longer use and can get rid of. I am going to clean out one drawer a night for the next week and try to tackle the attic this weekend!

Gearing up for - Mortgage shopping. Matt and I have been on the house hunt on and off for the last six months and it's time to see what rates we can get. We love our current home and have done a lot of work on it, but it's just a little too small and we would love a second bathroom. Also, the neighborhood is a little rough in areas and the schools for the district are not good. Hence the house hunting and the mortgage shopping!

Procrastinating - Getting my hair trimmed and colored and finishing Brighton's baby book.

Thankful for - The warmer weather in Charlotte, solid relationships in my life, Essie nail polish (it lasts so long) and of course my husband and daughter.

Thanks to Danielle for the idea of a 'Currently' post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground