My Ninth "Fix"

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I haven't had a "Fix" from StitchFix since last October and was looking to add a few more items for work to my wardrobe, specifically a skirt and a dress. I love the ease of someone else picking items for me and my stylist Margaret knows my style quite well now.

Here is what they sent:

Textured Pencil Skirt

I loved the color and I'm not afraid of a pencil skirt, but it was skin tight! Like street-walker, Kardashian tight. It was the right size on the label, but ran about a size and a half smaller. If it hadn't been so darn tight I would have kept it. Verdict: Return


Cut-out detail blouse
I would have never picked this off the rack as I am not normally an orange fan, but the color was incredibly flattering! I loved the detail in the front, but this was was about a size too big. This brand (Collective Concepts) has always worked for me in a size medium, but this blouse looked more like a large. I even held it up next to the other shirts I have from the same company and it looked like the sizing was really off. Verdict: Return


Fit and Flare Striped Dress
I do love myself a stripe! This dress was the cutest thing - I loved the heavy material, the feminine drape of the skirt and the little yellow belt with the bow, but it drowned me! It was at least 4 inches too wide on both sides. Again, size was right on the label, but this dress looked like an XXL. I could tell it was too big before I even tried it on. Given how oversized it was, I don't think alterations would have worked. Verdict: Return


Dark Rinse Skinny Jeans
I have been searching for a high quality dark rinse skinny jean for almost a year. I have made do with a pair from Loft, but these are the money! They had the right amount of stretch, are super dark and the rise is perfect. Verdict: Keep


Statement Pendant Necklace
At first glance, I loved this necklace. It looks like a J.Crew knock off and is in pretty colors that would work year-round. But I couldn't wrap my head around the price ($34), when I have seen similar necklaces at F21 and online for way less. Verdict: Return


At first glance, I thought I'd keep all the clothes in the fix, but the sizing just didn't work this time. It's not my stylist's fault, as she is following what I entered into the style profile online, but it's a shame they don't let customers return items for the right size (heck I'd pay for the shipping if needed).  I'm going to schedule a fix for next month and ask for a skirt and dress again - hopefully something will work!

If you haven't signed up yet for their service, I highly recommend it! You can sign up directly with them, or use my referral link: stitchfix.com

* I will receive a credit for each referral.

3 comments:

  1. I totally forgot you do Stitch Fix - my husband actually just set me up for my first one as one of my VDay surprises. I'm super excited :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground